Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is certainly one of the more likely scenarios. We have seen that approach here before............. Remember the poster who was a huge Ryan Torrain supporter and punctuated that with these memorable words: "mark my words, we will rue the day that we let Ryan Torrain go."

I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same poster behind a new screen name.
    Lol, the words "Ryan Torain" should be eliminated by the profanity filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    +1

Something ain't right.

I started a JJ was the likeliest vet to get cut thread yesterday with a link to the reporter who stated it and my thread got locked with no explanation.
    I wouldn't be surprised if John Jerry did get cut. He is slightly below average.

Quote Originally Posted by keyofgmen View Post
    Being "physical" is not how hard you hit...

It is how many times, and how fast, you get up after getting hit hard...
    to me a "physical" player is someone who never avoids confrontation and meets it head on.... a player whos mind never entertains doubt on any given down ... ironically enough being a "physical" football player is nothing more than a mentality

it's about sacrifice ... it's about never thinking about the consequences of a collision ...

it is a mind state that almost has to be brainwashed in ... I once had it

I will tell you this ... that mentality is very difficult to regain once a serious injury has taken place ... guys who can do that successfully are on another level completely

Quote Originally Posted by KillaRich View Post
    That's not the point .... the board allows the nuisance to continue without any consequences yet anybody says anything to him and we get infractions .... this is completely unfair and insane
    One man's nuisance is another man's entertainment.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by SG88 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if John Jerry did get cut. He is slightly below average.
    I'd be surprised. He isn't terrible, and none of the new players look all that great. If Fluker does replace him in the starting role it will be good to have a vet back up at both guard positions. With Pugh likely being the back up LT, and Fluker or Pugh being the back up RT in this situation, it means he will be the OL off the bench if anybody but Richburg goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post
    It is certainly one of the more likely scenarios. We have seen that approach here before............. Remember the poster who was a huge Ryan Torrain supporter and punctuated that with these memorable words: "mark my words, we will rue the day that we let Ryan Torrain go."

I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same poster behind a new screen name.
    I'm quite sure it's the same poster and I'm pretty sure it's Jakk.
    "Typical Morehead!"..................and he didn't even mean that as a compliment..

Quote Originally Posted by YATittle1962 View Post
    to me a "physical" player is someone who never avoids confrontation and meets it head on.... a player whos mind never entertains doubt on any given down ... ironically enough being a "physical" football player is nothing more than a mentality

it's about sacrifice ... it's about never thinking about the consequences of a collision ...

I will tell you this ... that mentality is very difficult to regain once a serious injury has taken place ... guys who can do that successfully are on another level completely
    Excellent...

Well stated YA.

Unfortunately too many of these guys pay for that mentality down the road.

The first Giants player that came to my mind was Nat Berhe. That guy appears to be looking to hit everyone - with his head. He needs to protect himself from himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Roosevelt View Post
    Unfortunately too many of these guys pay for that mentality down the road.

The first Giants player that came to my mind was Nat Berhe. That guy appears to be looking to hit everyone - with his head. He needs to protect himself from himself.
    there is a huge difference between physical and undisciplined