+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 142
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Who cares what Chris Simms likes?
    You can really say that about any writer almost. At least he has played some football and has been around football his whole life.

  2. #22
    All-Pro SG88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Posts
    31,155
    It is just his opinion. Nothing more or less. Chris Simms is an OK analyst. You don't have to discredit the guy, just to discredit his take. I disagree with Simms in this case though. I bet if he said that JPP is an absolute bargain, he would be a ****ing genius to some of you on here.

  3. #23
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,360
    Well here's the deal ... if JPP can't stay healthy then it will be looked at as a bad deal. If he can. it is a good deal.

    To the extent that Simms' opinion is based upon JPP's health, it's not ridiculous. I do, however, disagree with the idea that JPP is not worth the money when healthy.

  4. #24
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHOF View Post
    Well here's the deal ... if JPP can't stay healthy then it will be looked at as a bad deal. If he can. it is a good deal.

    To the extent that Simms' opinion is based upon JPP's health, it's not ridiculous. I do, however, disagree with the idea that JPP is not worth the money when healthy.
    But you have to factor that in. If the player isn't on the field it does not matter how good he is. Same in everything, if you have an employee that is unrealiable, do you let them stay or give them a raise because they a great when they show up? When JPP is healthy, he is worth the contract they gave him, but I think they overpaid a little because he is unreliable.

  5. #25
    Veteran BlueJayC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Hoboken, NJ
    Posts
    2,261


    Had this chump not been Phil Simm's son he would never have supplanted Major Applewhite's (proven winner) at Texas nor made it to the pros nor been hired as a broadcaster/analyst.....he's as untalented as an analyst as he was as a football player.....that's saying a lot. He's probably a really nice person but every position he's ever held outside of QB'ing Ramapo HS has been given to him without him earning it.

  6. #26
    All-Pro TCHOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    15,360
    Quote Originally Posted by jmike View Post
    But you have to factor that in. If the player isn't on the field it does not matter how good he is. Same in everything, if you have an employee that is unrealiable, do you let them stay or give them a raise because they a great when they show up? When JPP is healthy, he is worth the contract they gave him, but I think they overpaid a little because he is unreliable.
    I don't disagree with you.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishMike357 View Post
    And Warren Sapp doesn't think Strahan should be in the Hall of Fame...LMAO. NFL gets views for websites.
    Sapp hates Strahan there's something personal between them and has been for years. Rumor has it they almost came to blows ata all star game, don't know why. But there really is animosity there heck it's hatred. They both belong in the HOF that's obvious.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,974
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post
    Yes that's what scares me about the jpp deal. It seems like Jr and the giants paid him more for what he used to be not what he is now.
    Listen this is the price of doing business. He's the only guy that is a legit pass rusher and can be a constant threat in the pass rush. Believe me he was a priority to sign. There were no pass rushers in FA, A draft choice who has not proven anything and it could take 2-3 years before a rookie reaches his potential. If he goes down it hurts big time. But it's worth the risk.

  9. #29
    All-Pro JesseJames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    jersey city nj
    Posts
    10,334
    what makes Chris Simms think his opinion is worth anything.......

  10. #30
    All-Pro jmike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    13,198
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
    what makes Chris Simms think his opinion is worth anything.......
    Probably the fact that somebody asked his opinion or put him in a position to give one. I fail to understand why everyone is getting their shorts in a wad over this.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts