+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deep vs Thin positions: TE named one of our deepest positions

Deep vs Thin positions: TE named one of our deepest positions

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...t-roster-spots

"This year, rebuilding the tight end position was another of the front office's priorities.

The Giants added Rhett Ellison, a blocking fullback/tight end hybrid whose contributions helped Adrian Peterson and the rest of the Minnesota Vikings ground game land in the top 10 league-winded in three of the last five seasons, including two appearances in the top five (fourth in 2015, second in 2012).

The Giants also drafted Evan Engram with their first-round pick to provide the firepower over the middle and in yards after the catch that none of Donnell, Tye or Adams provided last year.

Engram by himself showed last year that the deeper the pass over the middle, the more effective he was. His reliability led to passer ratings of 106.4 on balls thrown between 10-19 yards, and 141.4 on those over 20 yards."
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

"deep"..??

1...vet blocker in Ellison
    1...vet pas catcher and only semi-decent in Tye
    1....2nd year player whom we dont really know about yet
    1.....rookie

not deep talent wise but they do have a handful of players.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Too thin on Quarterbacks, ok then

Rhett will probably stay at fullback and use Adams as a blocking TE, he did pretty good blocking last year.

Having a lot of bodies does not translate to depth in my humble opinion.

If Tye is still in the mix, then we are not deep at all.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by NephilimGiants View Post
    Rhett will probably stay at fullback and use Adams as a blocking TE, he did pretty good blocking last year.
    I think that would be a huge contract for a FB. My guess is they signed him because he can play several different positions and we will likely line him up at FB and TE. I think Adams will get some time as well, but not much unless he blows them away during the spring/preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post

I agree. I would say we have MORE depth than last year, but that does not mean we are deep. When last years #1 TE might not make the team this year that is a good improvement though.
    LT (132.5) -> Strahan (141.5) -> Osi (65) -> Tuck (60.5) -> JPP (50) -> ???
    "Next man up"

"I am a nasty football player, I get after people. That is something that I am very proud of. I am out there and I am physical every play, making sure that the guy across from me wants to quit." - Adam Bisnowaty

The Rhett Ellison signing was a better signing that people realize. This is a guy who has played Fullback and TE. In fact, he was invited to the combine as a Fullback and because of that he was largely unheard of when he came out. People tend to not pay attention to FBs. I was a fan of his coming out of college and I think he's an underrated player. Everyone likes the "shutup and work" type of players and that is exactly what this guy is.

I agree. I would say we have MORE depth than last year, but that does not mean we are deep. When last years #1 TE might not make the team this year that is a good improvement though.[/QUOTE]

Yes, we do have more depth than last year. I also agree that it does not mean we are deep there. We do have more talent than last year. at TE However, last year's group of TEs set an incredibly low bar.
    No one remembers who came in second.

Quote Originally Posted by jomo View Post

Ridiculous. He outperformed TE's drafted ahead of him.

+ Reply to Thread