+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How do you give Rodgers 58 seconds and only needing a field goal

Did TC think his defense would hold? You had to run at least one play at the goal line to run off time.

Re: How do you give Rodgers 58 seconds and only needing a field goal

[quote user="TroyArcher"]Did TC think his defense would hold? You had to run at least one play at the goal line to run off time.[/quote]

Not sure, we just scored too quick, then hope the D will hold. I dont think TC felt too great about our chances with a minute left and obviously knowing this defense sucks, facing the best team in the league.

Veteran

When you're down, you do whatever you can to score. That's all that matters. Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning.

You just can't think about 'what if he gets the ball back' when you're not winning the game. It's as simple as that.

I didnt think we would hold....but Jesus H Christ...at least TRY TO STOP THEM!!!!!!!

We are playing down to the competition. We wanted them to do that. Until we realized we lost again.

I bet the coaches are wondering how to make decisions in hindsight like this message board.

As easy as it is to blame leaving too much time on the clock, the defense needs to come up with stops and they did not. Near PICK by Williams would've swung this game to the Giants but it's a game of inches. Look at all of the big plays the Packers had that needed to be reviewed. 2 TD's of theirs and 1 TD of ours. We end up on the short end based on how the refs interpreted each one.

[quote user="Mr Excitement"]I didnt think we would hold....but Jesus H Christ...at least TRY TO STOP THEM!!!!!!!
    [/quote]

The sad fact of it is.... they did try. They couldnt even stop Charlie Whitehurst. Yeah, how are they going to do against playoff caliber teams? Just what you saw today.

[quote user="NY_Eli"]When you're down, you do whatever you can to score. That's all that matters. Do whatever gives you the best chance of winning.

You just can't think about 'what if he gets the ball back' when you're not winning the game. It's as simple as that.[/quote]
    its not that simple...game clock management is VERY necessary, especially when you have aaron rodgers and his 4 td passes against us today. put your thinking cap on for a sec.

I agree with the OP, but you gotta think about saving time for an OSK just in case we don't get the 2-point conversion. Man. What a way to lose. I'm so sick and tired of always losing the big games. I'm sick of seeing these ****heads like Rodgers smiling at the end of the game.