+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

More impressive 2007 playoff run or 2011 playoff run?

In 2007, Giants won 4 games (TB, DAL, GB, NE) in a row.

This year, Giants had to win 6 ELIMINATION GAMES (NYJ, DAL, ATL, GB, SF, NE) in a row.

What is more impressive?

Re: More impressive 2007 playoff run or 2011 playoff run?

its close, i feel this run was so insane even going back to the first dallas game

Veteran

2007, NO DOUBT. The 2007 Cowboys and Patriots team were the real deal.

My Take...

This playoff run was A LOT tougher (considering what they had to do to get in), but the 07 Patriots was A LOT tougher opponent than this year's Patriots team.

Veteran

[quote user="NYGRealityCheck"]My Take...

This playoff run was A LOT tougher, but the 07 Patriots was A LOT tougher opponent than this year's Patriots team.[/quote]

I believe the 2007 Cowboys is better than 2011 Pats team.

GB was the real deal as well.... Rodgers having the greatest regular season ever by a QB, 15-1 record and were defending champs.

I do think 2007 SB was more special than any of the games. Giants opened at 14 point underdogs?!... But 6 elimination games is nice accomplishment.

2007. That entire playoff run was insane! and really came out of nowhere

This year I felt like we we're just not playing up to what we we're capable of until the playoff run. This was the team that everyone thought we should have had. And honestly if we would have go in the playoffs the year before I think we would have done damage then too. Stupid Eagles.

Anyway this year I felt we were the superior team just never showed it until we had our backs to the wall.

There is definitely no right or wrong answer. I still don't know which one is more impressive. I do think the 2007 Patriots were far superior and more well balanced than all the opponents this year.

[quote user="bflo23"]In 2007, Giants won 4 games (TB, DAL, GB, NE) in a row.

This year, Giants had to win 6 ELIMINATION GAMES (NYJ, DAL, ATL, GB, SF, NE) in a row.

What is more impressive?
    [/quote]

That's really a tough one. I knew we had a shot at it in '07, especially the way we played the Pats in week 17, but still 3 road playoff games going through the 1 and 2 seeds, and then an 18-0 team in the SB, highly improbably, especially with a young Eli leading the team on a miraculous drive down by 4 with just over 2 mins.

This one though, I thought this team was dead in the water at 7-7 and a few points earlier. They faced elimination in the final 2 weeks, but I could see following that Dallas game that they had their swagger back so I was thinking we could definitely go on another run. Once again went through the 1 and 2 seeds, the number one offense who were the defending SB Champs with a 15-1 record followed by the number 2 seed who also beat us in the regular season. This time in the SB though, we had a more mature Manning and higher expectations and even though we were the underdogs, alot of people picked us. Eli just reiterated his abilities by leading another late game winning drive.

It's really hard to pick one over the other, but in '07 we had no basis, that set the standard. This year there were so many parallels to '07 which we used as a reference point to illustrate why we could go on another run.

Veteran

who gives a **** we won the friggin superbowl

Retweeted by Rueben Randle
    @Katdaddyjay 17h
    @RuebenRandle @OBJ_3 @Giants
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ps625a51fb.jpg