+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So Giants Fans

Re: So Giants Fans

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="JPP"][quote user="look@dafilm"]Divisional sour grapes, lol. The Redskins ought to consider themselves lucky that they won more than 2 games.

Seriously though, there is a point to be made here. I am waiting for one Giants fan to admit that maybe, just maybe, the Giants might be one of the luckiest teams ever. The Giants won, yes, and good for them. But instead of "Superbowlzz babyzz!!!!!" humility might be useful here. The Giants lucked their way all the way through the playoffs this year.
    [/quote]

Gotta be lucky to be good. But yeah I know what your saying but I don't think we were the luckiest Superbowl teams or anything. Our guys still had to make the plays and there was lots of mistakes for both sides in every giants game like penalties and stuff like that. Overall I agree though we were a 7-7 team we definitely need some luck what about the Miles overthrow by Romo possibly could have been a touchdown or at least a big gain and not given us enough time to come back in that 1st Cowboy game.[/quote]

I get that hustle "creates luck", and boy do the Giants sure hustle. But c'mon, there are things I just don't get and things you can't "create". Really? having your own fumbles bounce right back to you 3 times, recovering a "muff" because it bounced off a guys knee, etc. The Giants very quickly became the entire team version of Brett Favre this post-season and that's a sign of the Apocalypse, lol.

I guess just like 4 years ago it was "meant to be". 9999999999999/10000000000000 David Tyree doesn't make that catch. And I think I'm being generous with those odds. But, NYG is super bowl champions twice because of it so what are you gonna do.
    [/quote]

Only a fool or a dead brained homer would deny the role of luck in championship run. The Giants certainly got some breaks on this one and on the 2007 run. There ought not be shame in it as it occurs in every championship run.

Some are breaks you make, some are just good bounces...but all of them combine to be the necessary makeup of a championship team.

It happens to all of them and the Giants are certainly no exception.

The refs made numerous calls or non calls against the Giants all postseason....a couple of lucky bounces went our way.. whatever.... Gronks injury and Williams ball off his knee were only ones not caused by giants.....

Hate Away.....

<font color="#0000FF"><font size="6">IT FEELS GREAAAAAAT!!!!</font></font>

[quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="look@dafilm"]Divisional sour grapes, lol. The Redskins ought to consider themselves lucky that they won more than 2 games.

Seriously though, there is a point to be made here. I am waiting for one Giants fan to admit that maybe, just maybe, the Giants might be one of the luckiest teams ever. The Giants won, yes, and good for them. But instead of "Superbowlzz babyzz!!!!!" humility might be useful here. The Giants lucked their way all the way through the playoffs this year.
    [/quote]

Hard work makes luck, that's what you can't grasp.

Like that fumble by Williams that won the SF game?* The ball was KNOCKED OUT.* It would have been luck if the guy dropped the ball untouched.* Did you notice what our receivers did?* If there was a defender within 5 yards they covered up and hit the deck.* BALL SECURITY.* It's not our fault if your team didn't value ball security like ours did.* I guess we were LUCKY that your coaches didn't value ball security.

LUCK is if a ball gets wedged in the receiver's facemask, or a tipped ball goes right into a defender's hand, or if a guy runs into his own teammate and fumbles.

You'll learn it's not LUCK when your team gets beat by solid play.

And as for the Giants, as a franchise, having luck?* Go ahead and for every perceived incident of "luck" I can name a heart-wrenching example of "bad luck".* Beating you in the NFC CG?* 2003 playoff game.*
    [/quote]

I've already addressed all of this so I'm not going to even bother with it now. I will say however, that many of your fans "get it", a ****load of luck was involved in what the Giants did this post-season, like more than I have ever seen one team have over 4-5 weeks. It was break after break after break. And that's fine, but its the ****iness and downright *******hood that goes with it that's annoying. Like various fans refusing to admit that almost all of the deciding breaks in a game when NYGs way and most were pure luck, or your incessant trash talk all the time, or things like Brandon Jacobs saying that the Giants "Decapitated the Patriots". Decapitated, really? If the Patriots come up with that very well executed hail mary, your boy Bradshaw is this weeks Kyle Williams.
    [/quote]

we don't need any lessons on what we're refusing to admit. i've never seen a fanbase so ****y-bigheaded-immature-can't-back-up-their-mouths-with-their-play in my life.

we won. you lost. you could have won the game, if your coach was a real NFL head coach and not a frickin' hollywood movie head coach

the plays were on the field for you guys to win, luck or no luck. you didn't need any luck to win that game. it was right there.

your coach called a stupid 4th quarter, and you guys were unprepared for what needs to happen in order for you to win championship games.

get over it, don't get over it.

i hope your fanbase is a good baraometer for your team. I hope they feel they were just unlucky.

because if that's how they feel, this year was as close as you'll ever get to a championship under Harbaugh.

^^^^^ Damn right to the juggular!

[quote user="look@dafilm"]I've noticed this about Giants fans, if you compliment the Giants, in any way, they are all over you with praise and "classiness" and tell you how wonderful your team is. If you point out a flaw however, you're a troll and hater and whiner. The two biggest extremes.
    [/quote]

Fans of a team that just won the Super Bowl aren't looking to be told that the only reason they won was luck. Yes...there were plenty of breaks...but who cares? What are we supposed today as fans? "well that sure was a nice title run, but golly were they LUCKY!!". It doesn't work that way dude. Your team wins, it means one thoug...that they were the best and they earned it. Take our sour grapes away from our message board. I'm sure you're a perfectly reasonable and knowledgable fan, but it's is a time for celebration for this teams fans, and we're not going to apologize for thinking the team that we watched from start to finish (through the highest of highs and lowest of lows) is anything besides the BEST TEAM in the NFL.

Bench Player

[quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="Fail"][quote user="TroyArcher"]So sad for you.* Must be hard rooting for such a loser organization.* Who know maybe some day your loser team can luck its way to a SB Trophy although I doubt it.*[/quote]At least our city isnt a dump.[/quote]

LOL Washington DC is the most disappointing big city on Earth with the possible exception of Detroit.

You'd think it's all the glamorous helicopter shots of the White House and mall but it's like the worst of the Detroit, the Bronx, Newark, and Camden thrown together, homeless people all over the place and sirens and gunshots.

DC isn't nice enough to be called a dump.
    [/quote]Dude, your city is dirty and smells like crap and your women (and men) are ugly. You dont have the weather of Dallas, the historical signifigance and culture of Philadelphia and most importantly, the class, wealth, hip hop scene and relevancy of WASHINGTON DC

Half of you live in Jersey.

And the Redskins own the Giants

We just own you in everything

[quote user="ru_gmen55"][quote user="look@dafilm"]I've noticed this about Giants fans, if you compliment the Giants, in any way, they are all over you with praise and "classiness" and tell you how wonderful your team is. If you point out a flaw however, you're a troll and hater and whiner. The two biggest extremes.
    [/quote]

Fans of a team that just won the Super Bowl aren't looking to be told that the only reason they won was luck. Yes...there were plenty of breaks...but who cares? What are we supposed today as fans? "well that sure was a nice title run, but golly were they LUCKY!!". It doesn't work that way dude. Your team wins, it means one thoug...that they were the best and they earned it. Take our sour grapes away from our message board. I'm sure you're a perfectly reasonable and knowledgable fan, but it's is a time for celebration for this teams fans, and we're not going to apologize for thinking the team that we watched from start to finish (through the highest of highs and lowest of lows) is anything besides the BEST TEAM in the NFL.[/quote]

No, I get that. I wasn't even talking specifically about the Super Bowl run with that quote, just about the fans and the MB in general. With one post from a fan from another team s/he can be either the classiest person to walk the face of the earth, or the biggest useless troll that ever lived. "Good game" gets you 10 pages of praise of you and your team and "JPP is awesome, but Boley is overrated as hell" gets 10 pages of attacks.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="look@dafilm"][quote user="SweetZombieJesus"][quote user="look@dafilm"]Divisional sour grapes, lol. The Redskins ought to consider themselves lucky that they won more than 2 games.

[/quote]

Hard work makes luck, that's what you can't grasp.

Like that fumble by Williams that won the SF game? The ball was KNOCKED OUT. It would have been luck if the guy dropped the ball untouched. Did you notice what our receivers did? If there was a defender within 5 yards they covered up and hit the deck. BALL SECURITY. It's not our fault if your team didn't value ball security like ours did. I guess we were LUCKY that your coaches didn't value ball security.

LUCK is if a ball gets wedged in the receiver's facemask, or a tipped ball goes right into a defender's hand, or if a guy runs into his own teammate and fumbles.

You'll learn it's not LUCK when your team gets beat by solid play.

And as for the Giants, as a franchise, having luck? Go ahead and for every perceived incident of "luck" I can name a heart-wrenching example of "bad luck". Beating you in the NFC CG? 2003 playoff game.
    [/quote]

I've already addressed all of this so I'm not going to even bother with it now. I will say however, that many of your fans "get it", a ****load of luck was involved in what the Giants did this post-season, like more than I have ever seen one team have over 4-5 weeks. It was break after break after break. And that's fine, but its the ****iness and downright *******hood that goes with it that's annoying. Like various fans refusing to admit that almost all of the deciding breaks in a game when NYGs way and most were pure luck, or your incessant trash talk all the time, or things like Brandon Jacobs saying that the Giants "Decapitated the Patriots". Decapitated, really? If the Patriots come up with that very well executed hail mary, your boy Bradshaw is this weeks Kyle Williams.
    [/quote]

we don't need any lessons on what we're refusing to admit. i've never seen a fanbase so ****y-bigheaded-immature-can't-back-up-their-mouths-with-their-play in my life.

we won. you lost. you could have won the game, if your coach was a real NFL head coach and not a frickin' hollywood movie head coach

the plays were on the field for you guys to win, luck or no luck. you didn't need any luck to win that game. it was right there.

your coach called a stupid 4th quarter, and you guys were unprepared for what needs to happen in order for you to win championship games.

get over it, don't get over it.

i hope your fanbase is a good baraometer for your team. I hope they feel they were just unlucky.

because if that's how they feel, this year was as close as you'll ever get to a championship under Harbaugh.[/quote]

Yawn. Another attack on me and (surprise surprise) Harbaugh. The funny thing about Harbaugh is that I've heard nothing but praise from him fans except 3' fans: Lions, Saints, and Giants fans. We beat the Lions and Saints, so I guess I understand that somewhat, but the Giants part I don't get. Habaugh a "hollywood coach" (whatever that means...), lol, ok sure. Rookie NFL HC taking over in the midst of an NFL lockout and taking his team to within 1 lucky muff (yes, it was luck no matter how much you try to deny it. If that ball doesn't go off Williams' knee the game doesn't go to OT and SF wins the game.) and 1 lousy call from the SB is clearly not a "real NFL coach" like you say.

And I have no problem "getting over it", its annoying that a team that was outplayed by my team won the SB, but hey, more power to you. I'm not losing any sleep over it, it wasn't our year this year. Hopefully the 49ers have a good off-season and come back even stronger next year. I'm just amused by both Giants players and their fans at their level of ****iness over what was easily the luckiest Super Bowl run I have ever seen. I do enjoy the conversation with the level-headed fans (not just here) that "get it", however. Its nice to have decent and rational conversation. Fans (like you) that lash out get tiresome I'm afraid though. They probably realize what is being said is true and don't like it and/or can't handle it and resort to attacks.

feels pretty good being lucky enough to beat the patsies 3 times in a row, including twice in the superbowl. so you know where you can take your washington luck

[quote user="vcruz2013"][quote user="look@dafilm"]I've noticed this about Giants fans, if you compliment the Giants, in any way, they are all over you with praise and "classiness" and tell you how wonderful your team is. If you point out a flaw however, you're a troll and hater and whiner. The two biggest extremes.
    [/quote]

Implying this guy didn't come here for the sole reason of trolling. Implying winning the Superb Owl is a flaw. It's gonna be a long off season for you if you're this salty already.[/quote]

I'm not salty at all, but thanks for proving my point for me. Point out a flaw in my team, see if I care. I don't attack people until attacked first. As long as the the flaw is accurate, I don't care. Here, I'll start. Haralson is a backup at best and yet started every game for us this year, that has to stop. Snyder is a terribad guard and the only reason he's starts is because he just happens to be worse than Rachal. Guard is a position of need for SF. Alex Smith inmproved his game by leaps and bounds this year, but I still feel as though he is but a bridge to some other QB (hopefully Kaepernick) of the future. That better? I guess I'm just too used to the 49er MB where there are various fans from other teams that talk quite frequently. The only "trolls" we have to deal with are our own and the occasional Cards fan/current or recent opponent's fan.

I should try and get my username changed to "sf-troll" since apparently that's what most here think I am. Trying to have a rational discussion around here gets you attacked as a troll I guess.

+ Reply to Thread