+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

Regarding the Bradshaw TD

Honestly, I didn't feel bad at all when he wasn't able to stop short.

Just ask Billy Cundiff about chip shot FGs.

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.

Re: Regarding the Bradshaw TD

I felt the same way. Felt just like SB 42 to me. Just inevitable we were going to win it.

All-Pro

When it happened I was thinking he may have messed up, but a kick is never automatic.

In the end it all worked out.

[quote user="JMFP2"]

Honestly, I didn't feel bad at all when he wasn't able to stop short.

Just ask Billy Cundiff about chip shot FGs.

I'd rather have the TD, and let Brady go 80 yards with 1 TO and less than1 minute on the clock, rather than risk having a blocked FG.

This isn't 20/20 hindsight, either....I really didn't want to put the SB on Tynes' foot.

[/quote]

Ditto. Tynes didn't exactly put either of his field goals down the middle.

at first i was frustrated bradshaw scored.

but then i realized brady would only need 40 yards to get a decent fg shot off. he can do that, and has done it.

id much rather NE have to score a TD with our DL knowing they're passing. actually was the best decision he coulda made in hindsight

it worked out , not going to complain but the right move is to run that clock and kick the easy one.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]at first i was frustrated bradshaw scored.

but then i realized brady would only need 40 yards to get a decent fg shot off. he can do that, and has done it.

id much rather NE have to score a TD with our DL knowing they're passing. actually was the best decision he coulda made in hindsight[/quote]

but he would have no timeouts and barely 20 seconds.

I think I had more issue with Nicks not staying in bounds to take time off.... Flashback of Bears game.

You always have risk of block, botched snap, botched hold and botched kick. Can you imagine if Bradshaw went down and the Giants botched the fg?... And even if the Giants make the kick, the Patriots have like 20 seconds to get in FG range and out of bounds and that isn't impossible.

Ido not fault him for scoring but i wish he could have stopped and stood there! even to let a few more secs tick off the clock!

He should have walked for 40 seconds into the endzone... The Patriots obviously didn't want to tackle him and wanted to let him walk in.