Thread: Welker's Drop

Veteran

Welker's Drop

That was obviously Wellington giving us a hand

Re: Welker's Drop

"Not today Welker"

Giants fan since the early 80s

Welker needs to stick with the 5 yard crossing routes.... Great players make the simple catches and the difficult catches..... Look at Manningham.

Veteran

[quote user="ny06"]

"Not today Welker"

[/quote]

Amen to that

Manningham made the big play, Welker didn't. That's all that matters.

You earn it or you don't deserve it.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"]Manningham made the big play, Welker didn't. That's all that matters.

You earn it or you don't deserve it.

[/quote]

Or Wellington reached down from Shangri-La and knocked it out of his hands

[quote user="Weygand"]That was obviously Wellington giving us a hand[/quote]

The funny thing is that that wasn't a drop. It was high and behind him. If that was Eli, the media would say Eli choked. Bad pass, plain and simple.

[quote user="giantfan1976"][quote user="Weygand"]That was obviously Wellington giving us a hand[/quote]

The funny thing is that that wasn't a drop. It was high and behind him. If that was Eli, the media would say Eli choked. Bad pass, plain and simple.[/quote]

i dunno. i think thats a route gronk would typically run. like some one else said welker isnt know for those kinda back shoulder seam route throws bc of his height.

i think thats where brady would want that pass to go every time. we did have a misque on the d coverage, their was some confusion by our secondary so if brady could do it all over im sure he'd try and drop it in leading him.

but i guarantee u in practice, and throughout the season, thats where brady wants to put the ball. i've seen brady connect on that to gronk plenty of times, in fact in the first half brady had the exact same pass to gronks on his lone reception i believe. same backshoulder type throw.

brady could have adjusted tho bc he knew it was welker running the route. its like brady was throwing it like he thought it was gronk and letting gronk get his rebound box out position on it.

not a terrible pass by any means, actually a damn good pass. it just didn't go their way. welker makes that catch 99 out of 100 times. just couldnt do it when it mattered most

[quote user="giantfan1976"][quote user="Weygand"]That was obviously Wellington giving us a hand[/quote]

The funny thing is that that wasn't a drop. It was high and behind him. If that was Eli, the media would say Eli choked. Bad pass, plain and simple.[/quote]

very good point.

its the NFL, and if a pass hits an uncontested WR in the hands, he should catch it.

but that wasn't a great throw.

i watched it again just 20 minutes ago, and on second glance Welker DEFINITELY should have had it, but its welker and not some unknown WR, that throw was a long way from Welker's jersey numbers, but he's the guy they have to make that catch.

Bench Player

He makes that grab we lose the game period. BB likes to run that clock out.