+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

Re: The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

time doesn't run during two-point conversions
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I don't believe the clock runs on PATs

Time doesn't run out on extra points or 2-point conversions.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"]I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

[/quote]lol get some sleep my man. Its been a long night. []

I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

I know some people in pools who were pissed at that.

We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.
    [/quote]

After thinking about it, I guess if the Pats would've got the ball behind by 6, they'd need to actually convert an extra point to take the lead. Once again, Coach Coughlin knows more than I do.
    We need our coaches to assign playing time based on something other than player salary.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"]NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

[/quote]No problem brother. Honest mistake