+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

Re: The 2-Point Conversion Attempt

time doesn't run during two-point conversions
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I don't believe the clock runs on PATs

Time doesn't run out on extra points or 2-point conversions.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"]I thought scoring the TD was more important than taking more time because if Bradshaw stops at the 1 yard line, there's no guarantee of a TD.

But on the 2-point conversion, what if Eli just took a 35 step drop?!! Just run back all over the field and let them chase you while time comes off the clock. That would have drove the Patsies crazy!! You have a whole football field behind you. If anybody comes close to Eli, he could just heave it over the end zone. No telling how much time you can eat up. 15-20 seconds, easy. Probably more.

[/quote]lol get some sleep my man. Its been a long night. []

I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

I know some people in pools who were pissed at that.

Manslaughter is easier to convict (and sentence) than murder. Instant replay still gets it wrong sometimes. Peace and love to all the fans of all the teams. We're all fans, and we love OUR team.

NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

[quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.

[quote user="bflo23"][quote user="RagTime Blue"]I want to know why attempt a 2-pt conversion anyway?

[/quote]

A 4 or 5 point game is pretty much the same.... If it is 6 point lead, Pats can only tie on 2 FGs.
    [/quote]

After thinking about it, I guess if the Pats would've got the ball behind by 6, they'd need to actually convert an extra point to take the lead. Once again, Coach Coughlin knows more than I do.
    Manslaughter is easier to convict (and sentence) than murder. Instant replay still gets it wrong sometimes. Peace and love to all the fans of all the teams. We're all fans, and we love OUR team.

Veteran

[quote user="krygny"]NEVER MIND

It's the delirium.

[/quote]No problem brother. Honest mistake