+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey Tiki! Does "Hall of Fame" sound comical?

Great job GMEN!
    Looks like disrespecting and quitting on your team does not make you a good judge of leadership.
    Eli was truly unbeleiveable this year.

Bench Player

Re: Hey Tiki! Does "Hall of Fame" sound comical?

Tiki is an *** but not sure this is sealed for Eli. Mostly a great team win.

only 5 QBs since the super bowl era have been named Super bowl MVP multiple times. Terry bradshaw- HOF / Joe Montanna- HOF / Bart Starr - HOF / Tom brady - Future HOF / Eli Manning - Future HOF
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Bench Player

Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.

Veteran

[quote user="Tuffy44"]Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.
    [/quote]

Yes, because Dilfer's performance was as good as Eli's. Do you watch football games or just read box scores?

Bench Player

Eli is a great player out from his brothers shadow pulls out some magic stuff in the 4th 2 min drills. But I just dont see a HOF player. he will not light you up . he can help you win a close game and his play in the middle of games needs work. I do like having him and he is the best we ever had tho

Starter

[quote user="Tuffy44"]Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.
    [/quote]

Well the winning QB will always get it unless someone else steps up and has an unbelievable game. I think the only other one I could make an argument for would be Tuck with 2 sacks and the forced Saftey but Eli was definitely not out of line he had 300yards and didn't need to pass for a 2nd TD because he got us down the field to fast and Bradshaw took it from there, still a 4th quarter drive though. I understand your argument but it wasn't because he was a Manning it was because he was a QB and there weren't many other prime candidates.

Media Darling? what ever you say

Just ignore all the hate the media gives Eli.

also 30/40 for what 290 ish yards? No turnovers, 4th Quarter game winner. TD are not the only factor for HOF consideration.

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Veteran

[quote user="JPP"][quote user="Tuffy44"]Only mannings get MVP with 1 td, they dont give it to guys like dilfer and rothlisberger. Thats just being real. Eli is the best we ever had but when you are a media darling you get named MVP, HOF is not easy to just get into.
    [/quote]

Well the winning QB will always get it unless someone else steps up and has an unbelievable game. I think the only other one I could make an argument for would be Tuck with 2 sacks and the forced Saftey but Eli was definitely not out of line he had 300yards and didn't need to pass for a 2nd TD because he got us down the field to fast and Bradshaw took it from there, still a 4th quarter drive though. I understand your argument but it wasn't because he was a Manning it was because he was a QB and there weren't many other prime candidates.[/quote]

And also because he had an awesome game. He made perfect throws when they needed him to most. He protected the ball and didn't give up any picks. He stayed calm under pressure in the 4th. I could care less how many fantasy points he had. If you watch football you know he had a great game.

Outside of Manning who was even close to deserving of MVP? Nicks was about the only one....had he scored a TD he may have been awarded it. Outside of him no one was close to deserving an MVP award.

Manning was solid the entire game. In fact I think there were two drops that should have been completed as well to help pad his stats even more. You can't ask a Qb to manage a game much better than Eli did today. He took care of the ball...was accurate...had some long drives helping control the clock. Just because a Qb doesn't have 350+ yards and 3tds it doesn't mean he had a mediocre game. You are way wrong here