+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Interesting Fact(oids) of our SB 46 season..Got any more?

1) Eli has the most 4th quarter TD passes in NFL history with 15
    2) First team to win a SB @ 9-7 record
    3) Oldest Head coach to win a SB
    4) Beat a team in the 1st round with a record of 15-1
    5) I would assume the 1st team to be out scored in regular season and still win a SB
    6) Eli & the Giants lead the NFL in 7 consecutive road playoff wins by a single QB. Which is two ahead of the Pats and Steelers currently @ 5.
    7) Since Spygate the Patriots haven't won a SB with having two chances.
    8) Eli is now tied with four other quarterbacks that have won 2 SB MVP honors. Tom Brady, Terry Bradshaw, Bart Starr all had 2. Joe Montana is the only one with 3.
    9) Giants are the only team that have won a SB on each network XXI - CBS XXV - ABC XLII - FOX XLVI - NBC
    10) The Giants have won 4 out of 5 SBs = 80% win rate.
    11) Eli had fairly similar numbers from SB 42 and 46 fourth quarter numbers.
    12) The refs tried to screw us (sorry couldn't resist)
    13) Per ESPN and (GmenFan1980)
    SB 21-down by 1 going into half = WIN
    SB 25-down by 2 going into half = WIN
    SB 42- down by 4 going into half = WIN
    SB 46- down by 1 going into half = WIN
    Per Chris butthole Collingsworth for jinxing it & ELItemanning for typing it
    14) Eli broke a record for most completions to start a superbowl going 9 for 9
    15)Weatherford broke a record for most punts inside the 20 in a superbowl with 3
    16) Eli and Cruz tied the NFL record for a 99 yd Td pass
    17) Giants beat the patriots on 3 streaks. 18-0 SB 42, 20-0 win streak at home during week 9, and finally 10-0 win streak ended in SB 46.
    18) Eli had 5 post season game winning drives in the postseason 4th quarter or overtime. Only Brady with 7 and Elway with 6have more then Eli currently.
    19) Brady passed for more then 20 yards ZERO times in SB 46
    20) There were an average of 10,000 tweets per second during the final three minutes of Super Bowl XLVI. Once the thriller was over, athletes from various sports and celebrities joined the masses and offered up their thoughts on Twitter.
    21) The giants beat the number 1 seed and number 2 seed on the NFC side and the number 1 seed on the AFC side. ( curious if we were the 1st to do that in nfl history.
    Per Roswell777
    22) Last night they said the Giants are the first team to win a Super Bowl in four different decades.
    23) Only team to win Super Bowls in 4 consecutive decades.
    24) Undefeated, 5-0, in Conference Championships
    25) Giants are the first team to win the SB as a 4th seed from the NFC.
    26) Giants faced a combined record of 51 wins in the postseason & if you count the added playoff wins then it is 54 total Wins. Most ever by a team
    27) Giants are the first team to win the super bowl after missing the playoffs the previous two seasons.
    28) First time two SB MVP QBs faced each other in a SB.
    29)Bradshaw's rushing TD with 57 seconds left was the latest game winning touchdown in superbowl history.
    30) Manning is only the 2nd qb in superbowl history to have 30 completions without an interception (drew brees in superbowl 44 the other)
    31) Giants 27th ranked defense was the worst regular season defense to win a superbowl. Guess we saved it all for the final 6 games!
    32) Giant Fans hold the most heart stoppages during a SB by Guinness. Sry RF we all shared in this one lol
    33)
    34)
    35)

There are a few other I have forgot but will add when i remember or come across them. Feel free to add yours.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Re: Interesting Fact(oids) of our SB 46 season..Got any more?

SB 42- down by 4 going into half = WIN

SB-46- down by 1 going into half. = WIN

SB-21-down by 1 going into half = WIN

SB-25-down by 2 going into the half = WIN

13) we have never had a lead going into a half in the super bowl I believe lol
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I'm not superstitious, but I follow patterns to a degree.

This week, i was nervous. The whole beating ANY team, let alone the patriots, three times in a row, is tough.

Yes, the story of Martha Kraft worked against me this week.

The idea of beating teams that you lose to throughout the regular season, in a rematch, got to me.

Things like Tom Coughlin being really good at losing Conference championship games got to me. But, alas, a rookie head coach trying to get to the super bowl, worked in our favor.

There's a reason why things repeat themselves in this league. I feel as if we defied those e. We had a fantastic team this year. Team.

Eli was the focal point. But we had a hell of a team that wanted to play for one another.

Eli broke a record for most completions to start a superbowl going 9 for 9

Weatherford broke a record for most punts inside the 10 in a superbowl with 3 (should have been 4)

Eli has the most passing yards in a season to win a superbowl the same year.

Eli and Cruz tied the NFL record for a 99 yd Td pass

Eli had 5 post season game winning drives in the postseason 4th quarter or overtime. Only Brady with 7 and Elway with 6have more then Eli currently.

Brady passed for more then 20 yards ZERO times in SB 46
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

This is kind of a cherry picking stat....

Since the Giants first Super Bowl victory in the 1986 season... Super Bowl XXI...

No NFL team has won more Super Bowls over that period of time from 1987 to 2012 or the '86 season to the 2011 season.

Over that 25 year period... the Giants have won the most Super Bowls with 4.

I said it was cherry picking and I meant it.

Only 4 other teams (packers, cowturds, whiners, and steelers) have won 4 or more Super Bowls but none of them have won 4 from 1986 going forward like Big Blue has.

So... in the last quarter of a century, the Giants have won the most Super Bowls in the NFL.

[quote user="inexorably"]This is kind of a cherry picking stat....

Since the Giants first Super Bowl victory in the 1986 season... Super Bowl XXI...

No NFL team has won more Super Bowls over that period of time from 1986 to 2012.

Only 4 other teams (packers, cowturds, whiners, and steelers) have won 4 or more Super Bowls but none of them have won 4 from 1986 going forward like Big Blue has.

So... in the last quarter of a century, the Giants have won the most Super Bowls in the NFL.

[/quote]I am lucky enough to watch them all.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

[quote user="DragonSoul"][quote user="inexorably"]This is kind of a cherry picking stat....

No NFL team has won more Super Bowls over that period of time from 1986 to 2012.

[/quote]I am lucky enough to watch them all.[/quote]

Me too.

Oh yea.. one or two other stats...

Giants played in their 19th NFL Title game in Super Bowl XLVI... thats an NFL record I think

And played in the post season for the 31st time... think that is an NFL record as well.