Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"PAY DA MAN!" We have to some how pay Osi more money

This man is so deserving.... lock him up so he retires a Giant
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

Bench Player

Re: "PAY DA MAN!" We have to some how pay Osi more money

let him walk, we have many needs for the future.

[quote user="Tuffy44"]let him walk, we have many needs for the future.
    [/quote]

You're kidding right????

[/quote]

This team is in great position to win now. This team has a fantastic young core. Losing key pieces will only set us back. Idk how the deal will get done but having Osi back next year would be huge for us. I will be really interested to see if his mentality has changed at all. The last 2-3 interviews I have seen with him... he seems to have a different mind set. However, that is in the middle of a superbowl run...it could easily change come offseason time. Thankfully, we still have all the leverage in the situation.

[/quote]
    lol

I understand we are going to have to lock up Nicks, Cruz & JPP however Osi deserves a raise... without Osi we aren't even in the playoffs much less win the Super Bowl

This guy was HUGE for us this year
    ALL IN!!!!!!!!

I'm ALL IN are you?

"Once a Giant, ALWAYS, a Giant."

I have to agree that maybe the Giants should trade him now while he still has value. I love Osi as player but he is getting up there and does have an injury history....Not to mention he wants a big pay day. I'd love to keep him around but I don't think it's what's best for the organization in the long run.

If the Giants can get some extra picks this year for him it would be a big help in salary and they could fill some key positions in the draft.

Just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't mind it if we had it. However I think Tuck deserves a raise...The guy is making crap and I dunno where they're supposed to get this money from... (I should say cap room, not money..obviously they have the money)

I'm all for giving him a slight raise. There has to be a firm standpoint in how much they're willing to give him, but the option should be evaluated nonetheless.

From what I understand, there is a lot of money coming off the cap, but even if there is plenty leftover after resigning, I imagine FO to be wary in spending to account for future free agents. Only way I see Osi coming back is if he gets guaranteed money that gets paid in the beginning of a reworked contract, maybe only if it gets paid out all of next year.

From a nonfinancial situation, it's an ideal option to prod. Reduced snaps may aid an oft-injured player who gets a great amount of pressure per rush. It's not like JPP/Osi didn't have their opportunities this year when all were healthy.

All-Pro

Lol. I love when people say this. How exactly do you jut pay the man with a salary cap to think about and other younger players earning new contracts as well?

It's not about hating on Osi, it's just about not having the room to pay him.

[quote user="buddy33"]Lol. I love when people say this. How exactly do you jut pay the man with a salary cap to think about and other younger players earning new contracts as well?

It's not about hating on Osi, it's just about not having the room to pay him.[/quote]

That's the same as saying it's not financially feasible without knowing the cap, asking to trade a known pass rushing commodity for unproven draft picks/43 LBers and such.

Contrary to what people believe, he's not asking for top 5 defensive end cash. He's not asking for a 5 year extension. If there is an opportunity to bring him back at a rate that doesn't really cripple the 2013/14 caps, then it should be evaluated, rather than simply say "yea it's not gonna happen".