+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bench Player

Did Eli earn respect?

Do you think Eli finally has earned the respect due him? He beat his brother's record in his brother's house and I agree that Eli owns the Pats. All those Eli haters and doubters, how do you like him now?

Loved the game and had a great time with family, friends and excellent eats. I hope your day was as good!

Re: Did Eli earn respect?

I think he has earned quite a bit of respect...especially from analysts. I have had many eagle and cowboy fans tipping their cap to him throughout the playoffs. There will always be haters out there but I think he definitely has gained a good deal of respect.

I think he has in some places! But the true haters will never be persuaded. That's what's nice is now they just sound dumber and dumber as they try to rationalize the undebatable fact is that Eli is ELITE!!!

Uhm, every analyst on ESPN and NFL Network were calling him a lock hall of famer....if thats not respect I don't know what is.

Typically QB's are judged by superbowls. Eli has now won 2, and played really really well in both of them. No caretaker here, he leads.

I think the discussion is over. I'm sure some knucklehead somewhere will make some stupid comments just for web hits but anyone with an ounce of common sense knows there is no more debate about it. And to think he's got quite a few years left most likely...

Story of 07: "the defense won that game"
    "we got lucky with that catch"
    "Eli will never win another SB"

Story of 2011: "pats lost that game"
    "pats dropped passes"

Haters will always be haters, you can't win them all. I'll take the SB trophy anyday.
    Odell Beckham Junior: The future of the Giants

All-Pro

Wait WHAT?

Guy just entered Hall of Fame brotha. Respect is his

he already had it.
    but now he's making the hardheads admit it.
    there's been too many 4th qtr. clutch drives for them to overlook him anymore.
    due to the fact that I am from the Woodstock generation ...
    my opinions may be chemically enhanced and influenced by severe episodes of memory loss

From listening to the ESPN post-game, as Berman would say, "you're all on Eli now!"
    Everyone was pretty effusive with praise for Easy and rightly so!