+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

After SB 07, Eli ascended to another level. What now?

Curious to see if others feel the same way I do. After the 07 win, we saw Eli take his game to another level. His play in 08 was downright awesome and exceptionally effecient with only 10 ints, and excellent passer play.

Now, with this win,does Eli ascend again? Does the confidence he gained from this past season, his play in the playoffs that imho, singled him out from any qb in the league. He played like the absolute best QB in the league, he truly did, and the stats reflect that.

Confidence and belief,, I feel, is what pushed Eli to new plateau's that reached a pinnacle last night. I truly believe we see even more progression from Eli as we saw from the 07 to 08 season...

Dare I say, Eli peoves himself not only to be elite whic he already has done, he proves himself to be the best in the league? By some margin? Keep in mind what that 07 playoff run did for him.

Will this run do the same?

Re: After SB 07, Eli ascended to another level. What now?

with our schedule next season, he will certainly have the opportunity to do so.

I feel he will continue to improve. His play this year was spectacular.

He can always improve. Create an even greater rapport with his young, and still developing, receivers and continue to shave off turnovers.

eli has shown he can play at the highest level a qb can play for like 6 games in a row a couple times throughout the year.

i am confident we'll see eli even improve upon this year, especially with another offseason, a true offseason with the wr's, ol, and KG.

I expect eli to have a rodgers like season this past season next season.

it really is amazing that eli never settles, he always is so driven to improve and that won't change. he will be amazing next season and for the next several years.

i still dont believe eli has come close to peaking. i bet he feels the same way too. which is simply remarkable with how amazing he played this year.

Veteran

Now, you've got to rank Eli and Coughlin as among the best in the game.

All this "2nd tier" stuff can go out the window. Eli has more SBs than Rodgers, Brees, and his brother. He beat Rodgers this year in the playoffs. He beat Brady, again, to win another Super Bowl.

So basically, as far as I'm concerned, Eli is one of the best QBs in the league....not below Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and Peyton.....he's there, with them.

I think that he has gone to the highest he can be. Don't forget he could have had more tds and more yards. I think what we have to look at now is him being consistante like Joe Montana was and other good qbs.

If he is going to go higher, he would have to be able to run like Tebow.

[quote user="bLuereverie"]He can always improve. Create an even greater rapport with his young, and still developing, receivers and continue to shave off turnovers.[/quote]

a legit knock on eli has been consistency.

he had a phenominal season in 09, a bad one in 10, a phenominal season in 11.

Let's see another fantastic season in 12.

Veteran

I was wondering this myself. Eli ascended his game during the 07 run and didn't miss a beat going into the 08 season. This year Eli was beyond awesome and played absolutely lights out during this playoff run. He simply took games over and did what he needed to do and then some. I think we are going to see Eli at the next level come next year. Scary to imagine