+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

12 men on the field

I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

If this was a move and not a mistake, it was ****ing brilliant IMO
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Re: 12 men on the field

If they did that on purpose that was a great move.

12menonthefieldgate!

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

I was thinking it was accidentally brilliant since it cost them nothing and ensured a TD wasn't made.

Of course had the Pats turned it over right then and that had gotten reversed due to the penalty and then the Pats whent on to win, that might have stuck in my craw.

Hmmmm that scenario sounds familiar now that I think of it.
    I don't always root for the Cowboys but when I do I wear my pink Jessica Simpson edition Romo jersey. (yes I lost a bet)

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

Steve Young said sarcastically during the postgame that it was a brilliant move... I started to wonder that as well about the possibility of it being designed. I guess its possible. I'll give up the 5 yards there lol.

All-Pro

i coulda sworn there was a rule regarding penalties in the final 2 minutes of the game? Like adding 10 seconds to the clock or something.

btw, check your PM.

Banned

If it was on purpose...why not 20?

All-Pro

[/quote]
    Wow can this be true? Crazy
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    In the midst of this losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

[quote user="Kruunch"][quote user="MattMeyerBud"]I have a feeling it was a strategic move by Coughlin. Put an extra defender in the secondary make sure nothing big happens, run off 8 seconds, and give up 5 yards, who cares?!

[/quote]

I was thinking it was accidentally brilliant since it cost them nothing and ensured a TD wasn't made.

Of course had the Pats turned it over right then and that had gotten reversed due to the penalty and then the Pats whent on to win, that might have stuck in my craw.

Hmmmm that scenario sounds familiar now that I think of it.[/quote]

yea but I actually think the numbers were in our favor to give up a p0lay for 9 seconds than the odds of a turnover

plus whose to say that it wasn't becuase of the 12th mans presence that the turnover happened

i thought it was on purpose right away and the most brilliant thing ever
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="nygfanmaybe"]If it was on purpose...why not 20?[/quote]

I think you just gave away a new strategy moving forward.