+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Bogus Holding Call on Boothe kept game close

I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over.

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.

Re: Bogus Holding Call on Boothe kept game close

[quote user="Markroman"]I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over.

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.[/quote]The refs had to keep the game close and make it interesting. They tried to do the same in GB but GB kept turning the ball over.

Booth got bull rushed and was beat on that play and did hold .

[quote user="Markroman"]I do not know about you. The holding call on Boothe was the turning point. The Giants were dominating and driving for 3 and probably 7. Up 16-3, it would have been over.

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.[/quote]

It was clearly not a hold, he released the arm. While we're at it... Let's not forget the 2 "non-calls" on pass interference.

[quote user="Blue daddy"]Booth got bull rushed and was beat on that play and did hold .[/quote]

nope...analysts and pundits have already discredited it...turn your tv back on...

Personally, I still do not see how that was a hold. I really do not. I thought it was a chinzy call for a key play in a Super Bowl.[/quote]

Man, that one aggravated the heck outta me. Glad it didn't come back to bite us.

I have no prblem with the refs calling him for a hold there. However Patriots offense line was holding the entire game and not one call against them. Also the non calls on Patriots defense for pass interence. Those are the things I had problems with.

All-Pro

[quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Blue daddy"]Booth got bull rushed and was beat on that play and did hold .[/quote]

nope...analysts and pundits have already discredited it...turn your tv back on...
    [/quote]

Exactly.....the was a horrible call yet Rocky was being held on that TD play at the end of the half, and JPP got held so many F N times...

The Boothe penalty looked like a textbook pancake to me.....but hey...im no expert =P
    Oderint Dum Metuant

[quote user="giantotherness"][quote user="Blue daddy"]Booth got bull rushed and was beat on that play and did hold .[/quote]

[/quote]
    Did they march of the yards? Then it was a hold it's that simple