+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Brady Decision Making

To me the turning point was Tom Brady trying to make a big play out of nothing on the Blackburn pick.

The Pats had a drive going and forcing the ball into coverage to me was a very bad decision by Brady.

To me the difference in the game was Eli Manning was more patient than Tom Brady.

Re: Brady Decision Making

I thought that Brady forgot that his favorite target had a slight injury. It happens in the heat of the moment.

[quote user="Markroman"]To me the turning point was Tom Brady trying to make a big play out of nothing on the Blackburn pick. The Pats had a drive going and forcing the ball into coverage to me was a very bad decision by Brady. To me the difference in the game was Eli Manning was more patient than Tom Brady.[/quote]

He had his best weapon, one on one vs. a slow MLB, who was on the couch two months earlier. Any QB worth their salt would have gladly tried to exploit that matchup.

That was the right decision, but Chase just made a great play. Your analysis is way off on this one.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

good QB play by Eli...

very very fortunate fumble and recoveries for the Giants. The Cruz "non"fumble with 12 defenders on the field was huge as well.

Both teams made enough good plays and poor plays to win or lose. The Giants just put them together better for the win. Some poor clock management by the Giants too almost backfired huge.

Dont forget Gronkowski was very close to having a miracle happen at the end too...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="GameTime"]

good QB play by Eli...

very very fortunate fumble and recoveries for the Giants. The Cruz "non"fumble with 12 defenders on the field was huge as well.

Both teams made enough good plays and poor plays to win or lose. The Giants just put them together better for the win. Some poor clock management by the Giants too almost backfired huge.

Dont forget Gronkowski was very close to having a miracle happen at the end too...

[/quote]

Just to put it all in perspective, on the replay Gronk was not really in any position to make a play on the ball, just more BS hype from the media who wanted the Pats to win, sorry, the GMEN were and are the better team hands down, from QB - Recievers - Running Backs - Defense and Head Coach!@

Forget the Past, Live for the Future!

the first argument that i'd make is that belichek is leveraging tom brady too much. he's putting too much pressure on his QB by not getting a deep threat WR or a defense that isn't a patchwork of misfits.

second argument i'd make is Tom Brady isn't the same QB anymore. He needed help from his receivers and didn't get it, but he missed critical throws or opportunities in the 4th (Welker throw a little off, can't convert the 3rd and 11, throws behind branch in the last drive).

If that's Mark Sanchez or Philip Rivers on the other side of the ball in that game, everyone's talking about how they just weren't good enough to beat Eli.

Instead, they're talking about dropped balls. Fair enough, but 6 years ago Brady puts it on Welkers numbers or converts the 3rd and 11 after, or leads Branch instead of throwing into trailing coverage, and the game could have a drastically different outcome.

Fact of the matter is Tom Brady wasn't good enough to win that game. Period. End of discussion.

All-Pro

That was a good decision imo. Your star TE being covered by essentially a guy who was dragged off the street a few weeks ago? I'm sure he's throw it up again if he had the chance.

All-Pro

You think Brady knew who was deep downfield when he made the throw.

The pass was underthrown and no way anyone could make a play on it other than Blackburn.

This was not a 3rd down play. Brady had the lead and last think he needed to do is give the ball back to the Giants.

[quote user="Markroman"]You think Brady knew who was deep downfield when he made the throw. The pass was underthrown and no way anyone could make a play on it other than Blackburn. This was not a 3rd down play. Brady had the lead and last think he needed to do is give the ball back to the Giants.[/quote]

So now you are saying it was a bad throw and not a bad decision. he threw it downfield and into a great matchup. And he threw it as far as he could given the pressure he faced on the play. It was the right decision. Thats what you do in the NFL. When you have single coverage (and a mismatch to boot) you make the throw.

You guys love knocking Brady. I choose to give our guys credit for making great plays against a great QB.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

Bad decision and bad pass. if i recall it was on 1st down or 2nd down.

Last thing you want to do is give the Giants the ball.

They were on a drive where they could eat up time and put points on the board. They did neither.