+ Reply to Thread

I know it's early, but what area do we focus on in offseason. (draft)

I'm still basking in the glory, but the only thing that keeps football going for me all year is talking about the draft, once the season is over. I have changed my mind a few times this season as far as the biggest need in the draft, but now, after watching what this team has accomplished, I am totally on board with drafting the best player on the board. I see how it pays off, the last few years I was screaming at the TV because I didn't want prince or JPP, but wow was I wrong. JPP is obvious and prince is gonna be a stud for years to come, he plays aggressive man coverage, a game changer. So I still feel like we need to address certain positions via draft, in my opinion, those positions are OL, LB, TE. Most will agree i think, but I really think the biggest signing has to be ROSS. He has played lights out football, we need to do everything possible to keep aaron Ross and terrell Thomas. I know that is basically impossible, but these are homegrown players developed by our own staff and able to give this organization a few more rings, so all this talk about bringing in free agents is BS to me, we have a pile of top notch guys on our roster who need to be resigned. The GIANT way, draft, develop, sign longterm, be fair to our guys. Great job this year giants, keep up the great work right into the offseason, and carry this momentum right into a perfect season next year........

Re: I know it's early, but what area do we focus on in offseason. (draft)

o line has to be top priority. even though he's tougher than a $3 steak, champ took waaaay more sacks and hits this season, and the run game looked enemic at times. i think tt is our biggest resigning priority, followed by super mario. im cool with chase in the middle, even if goff comes back or not. the o line has to be addressed in the draft 4 sure. i wouldn't mind seeing a stud d end drafted to be groomed for the rotation when osi walks in 2013 either.

Opposing wideouts

D.ont
    R.ecieve
    C.atches

WE ARE GONNA NEED A TE TOO. i'M SURE BALLARD TORE HIS ACL TOO, AS DID BECKUM EVEN THOUGH IT HASN'T BEEN REPORTED YET. THE WAY HIS KNEE GAVE OUT WHEN HE TRIED TO RUN ON THE SIDELINE IS CLASSIC FOR AN ACL INJURY.

Bench Player

I'd guess O-Line RT, TE and LB would be on the top of the list. Reese is the man though! That's why he's making the big calls and i'm guessing whats best.