+ Reply to Thread

Unsung heros of our championship - the offensive line

Seriously.

Eli gets beat up like a nerd with lunch money against SF, we can barely run the ball for most of the season, and the worst part of our line for most of the year was the interior.

Now we're going up against a team that's generated more passrush than they're given credit for, with an absolutely load of a NT who's had two phenominal games leading up to the championship.

All they do is limit the Pats to a couple mediocre sacks, Wilfork's biggest moment was the soft holding call he got,bradshaw runs up about 100 all-purpose yards, we average over 4 yards a carry, and keep eli upright enough to throw for almost 300, no picks, and TD.

Where have you guys been all season.

Holy ****. Good on the whole offensive line, especially the interior.

Baas Snee Booth. Sorry i was concerned about your performance before the game.

CLUTCH.

All-Pro

Re: Unsung heros of our championship - the offensive line

Eh, KMac was horrible. They did do a good job vs Wilfork though. But again, no push at the line to open up running lanes. There was a few times they did, but for the most part, they were stonewalled.

My Unsung hero is Weatherford. Superbowl record 3 punts inside the 10, and one that could of been but took a bad bounce into the endzone.

Blackburn is my second unsung hero.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Seriously.

Eli gets beat up like a nerd with lunch money against SF, we can barely run the ball for most of the season, and the worst part of our line for most of the year was the interior.

Now we're going up against a team that's generated more passrush than they're given credit for, with an absolutely load of a NT who's had two phenominal games leading up to the championship.

All they do is limit the Pats to a couple mediocre sacks, Wilfork's biggest moment was the soft holding call he got,bradshaw runs up about 100 all-purpose yards, we average over 4 yards a carry, and keep eli upright enough to throw for almost 300, no picks, and TD.

CLUTCH.

[/quote]

Theyrushed for 114 yards in this game. Eli had a -1 so it is really 115 lol. Definitely raising the glass to the O-line today. 27 rushes for 115 is over 4 yards a carry. Big time effort in a big time game. Still were some deficiencies but If you told me that the run game would give that output, I would have been thrilled.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

Seriously.

CLUTCH.

[/quote]

absolutely... Baas stepped it up yesterday...

Fear the name, appreciate the game

o line needs to be redone still.