+ Reply to Thread
    All-Pro

Seriously, How many times did we blitz?

Maybe my mind is foggy from the adrenalin rush and the sudds, but, I only recall once. Aaron Ross came in on a delayed blitz. Forget when. But I dont ever recall Boley or Kiwi or JWill blitzing from the LB spot at all. I dont think Rolle or Phillips or Grant came in from the safety spot once. I dont remember any other blitzes.

Is that right?

Also, I was a bit pissed we sent 2, yeah, 2 Dline man to rush Brady on that 3rd and goal where Brady had about 12 seconds and found Woodhead. Tuck and JPP pulled back into a coverage. Not a good idea Fewell.

We really trusted our front 4 all game, and it gave Brady plenty of time in many key parts of the game, cough cough, 4th and 16...

On a side note,

GIANTS ARE SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

I still feel like it was a dream. Does it feel like a dream to you Gisele?

"Tommy needs a new tight end."

Re: Seriously, How many times did we blitz?

I guess as a DC you have to time your blitzes sparingly with a QB like Brady. Especially if the Pats oline for the most part is doing a very good job. Brady was doing well with picking the secondary apart when the Giants only rushed 3 or 4. You sacriifce time for coverage. If PF blitzes too much and Brady thows screens all over the place then we would be pissed about that too.
    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

only blitzed twice that i saw, both were completions for brady. which is why peopled liked us in this game, we didn't need to bring extra guys to create pressure.

with how fewel held brady to 17 in this game, i wouldn't really question the manner in which he did it.

I think we blitzed Blackburn up the middle....or was it a fake blitz? Idk like you im still foggy..and i had the nerves so i was knocking down the beers.... I am going to have to watch it again on Tivo and really observe and analyze

[quote user="KillaRich"]I think we blitzed Blackburn up the middle....or was it a fake blitz? Idk like you im still foggy..and i had the nerves so i was knocking down the beers.... I am going to have to watch it again on Tivo and really observe and analyze[/quote]

Blackburn had a great blitz and took the quickest angle but unfortunately Woodhead is fast and burned him on the sweep for about 14 yards, if that had been a pass play though Brady woulda been toast haha if Chase were a half step faster Woodhead woulda been stuck

I agree on the TD to Woodhead that was bad. I can't argue with the results- 17 points and another SB Victory!!! By the way Gisele is just too hot.

Veteran

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

only blitzed twice that i saw, both were completions for brady. which is why peopled liked us in this game, we didn't need to bring extra guys to create pressure.

with how fewel held brady to 17 in this game, i wouldn't really question the manner in which he did it.

[/quote]Correct. However, the defensive scheme on the first NE TD is highly questionable. Brady had all day to scan the field and find his target. If you watch the replay, Tom had a nice pocket because everyone was dropping back in to coverage and JPP and Tuck were not even coming forward, they were just standing there.

All-Pro

[quote user="giantsaz"][quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[/quote]Correct. However, the defensive scheme on the first NE TD is highly questionable. Brady had all day to scan the field and find his target. If you watch the replay, Tom had a nice pocket because everyone was dropping back in to coverage and JPP and Tuck were not even coming forward, they were just standing there.
    [/quote]

Exactly. we need a minimum of 4 rushers.

This was a completely different gameplan then in 2007-08. We blitzed and were very aggressive in that SB. This one we kind of sat back and tried to shrink the field on Brady. He hit his check downs a few times and our guys were right on top of it, so Im not saying it was a bad gameplan, but just wish we would blitz more at certin times like 3rd and 4th and longs. QBs seem to always get those conversions on us because we dont blitz.

Starter

i dont think JPP was told to drop into coverage on the goal line, i think he did that on his own.

Veteran

Hey TuckYou remember when you gave up on this team early in the season with your "I'm a realist" talk.

I can't lie to you...I remembered that the whole season...and winning the Super Bowl makes me happy that you were 150% wrong

Glad you're happy about the victory and you probably ate crow a LONG time ago, but the confidence in which you (and other posters, analyst, and haters) wrote in your posts about this team not going anywhere makes me feel so much better about this team and win.

WOOOOOO