+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 2 point attempt?

Can someone please explain the logic behind the 2-point attempt on the final Giants touchdown? I don't see how it could have benefited them since no time comes off the clock for the PAT and they were up by 4 at that point.

Starter

Re: The 2 point attempt?

Get the 2 point conversion and it puts you up by 6. If they magically score a touchdown, at least you have the ability to TRY to block the extra point.

Veteran

[quote user="aMies"]Get the 2 point conversion and it puts you up by 6. If they magically score a touchdown, at least you have the ability to TRY to block the extra point.
    [/quote]I have no problem with going for it. The problem is the lame play calling by the Giants coaching staff. No TE's to block and you run Ware off of tackle? Come on. That was a total waste. At least run BJ or call a freaking pass. Again it shows the lack of imagination by Killdrive.

Bench Player

You are correst. It was the only reason.

IS this post for real? Get an F'in life.

It doesnt even really make a difference? And like the other poster said...you go up 6 and they score you still have a miracle chance of OT

That 2-point attempt screwed a lot of people in the football pools.
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905

Torque it till it breaks, then back off a quarter turn.

[quote user="Roosevelt"]That 2-point attempt screwed a lot of people in the football pools.
    [/quote]Who gives a crap. I'm just happy we won

that was my reason for asking and now i understand....i won the final quarter in a pool ...after winning the 1st 2 quarters...and i actually felt bad for the person that got screwed on that play! but the possibility for a blocked PAT makes sense.

All-Pro

[quote user="aMies"]Get the 2 point conversion and it puts you up by 6. If they magically score a touchdown, at least you have the ability to TRY to block the extra point.
    [/quote]

^