+ Reply to Thread
    Bench Player

GM Reese is eLiTe!!!

Jerry Reese is an elite GM. FACE IT! After having won a Super Bowl in '08 I couldn't believe all of the detractors he had here prior to the start of the NFL season. No one here understands how to put together a professional football team the way he does. That's why he's the 2 time Super Bowl winning GM for the New York Football Giants and we're not.
    So the next time anyone gets the urge to question his capability to strongly lead this team from his position of authority, please find a mirror, look yourself square in the eye, and repeat after me;
    STFU!
    Congratulations Mr. Reese!! Thank you once again for doing your part to return the Lombardi Trophy to the NY Giants and all of its fans worldwide!!
    Keep up the GrEaT work!!!
    Go Blue!!!!

Re: GM Reese is eLiTe!!!

I was just thinking about JR, and our entire front office staff.

How lucky are we? We have a great front office.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905 Get well, get back #80

Jerry Reese is the best GM in the NFL and I've been saying this since they won in 07.

The talent and the way he's drafted is boss and teams last year were already copying his style. He's the best. I didn't agree with any of the posts and threads that were brought up earlier this season. He did an amazing job and if the Giants weren't the most injury riddled team this year they'd easily have beast'd in the regular season.

[quote user="TheBlueLife"]I couldn't believe all of the detractors he had here prior to the start of the NFL season. [/quote]

I agree wholeheartedly. While I understand some fans panicking since everybody in the news was crowning the "Dream Team," while painting a picture of Reese sitting in his office playing Free Cell, I personally trusted his talent evaluations. He's earned that.

His '09 Free Agent signings that were much criticized panned out. His drafting is top-notch. And he brilliantly handled the first season of the salary cap era by not overpaying for the likes of Boss, Steve Smith and even Bradshaw.

I'd like to believe he bought himself quite a few years of criticism-free GMing. But it's NY, so who knows...

I never questioned the man because I know what he did for us in 2007 with all those rookies to help the Giants win their third.

A lot of trolls take shots at JR, but he's teflon-coated now! JR is as good a GM as there is, and we are soooo lucky to have him on our side. Question his calls? Eat crow every time! Thank you, JR, for a deep and talented roster.

You have a lot of tough calls to make this offseason, but in Reese, I trust!
    Do not feed the trolls.

I think that people don;t know how hard it is to get players when your starters are getting hurt almost every year.