+ Reply to Thread
    Veteran

Notable Player on Contract Year

Front office must deal with 15 notable players that are not on contract for the 2012/2013 season. I have a feeling that next year's team will be an entirely different. I suspect most of the players who went on IR will be gone (e.g., Hixon, Goff, Thomas). I have a feeling the two TEs will be released also.

1) Mario Manningham (WR)
    2) Devin Thomas (WR)
    3) Hixon (WR)
    4) Ballard (TE)
    5) Pascoe (TE)
    6) McKenzie (RT)
    7) Tollefson (RE)
    8) Bernard (DT)
    9) Blackburn (MLB)
    10) Goff (MLB)
    11) Aaron Ross (CB)
    12) Will Blackmon (CB)
    13) Terrell Thomas (CB)
    14) Deon Grant (SS)
    15) Steve Weatherford (P)

Re: Notable Player on Contract Year

Lock up #15 on that list and go from there.

TT shouldn't be gone. He has already stated that he wants to be back, and Giants would be stupid to not do so.

1) Mario Manningham (WR) - For a reasonable price I would keep him. I think he moves on though
    2) Devin Thomas (WR) - Great for ST if he comes in for a good price, and maybe he can be a player.
    3) Hixon (WR) - I think we need to part ways, because of the history of injuries, but I really like him, wish he didn't get hurt again.
    4) Ballard (TE) - Need him
    5) Pascoe (TE) - Need him
    6) McKenzie (RT) - Only for a lesser value, but after this game I could probably see him retire now.
    7) Tollefson (RE) - Never thought he should have been cut. Give him a fair price as a utility player.
    8) Bernard (DT) - We can move on, with Austin coming back, Canty, and Joseph played very well this year.
    9) Blackburn (MLB) - Same as tolle. Give him a fair price for utility player.
    10) Goff (MLB) - 1 year contract for a fair price
    11) Aaron Ross (CB) - He brings it in big games (especially playoffs) He might be gone, but depending on the T2 situation and what they think of Prince we may resign him.
    12) Will Blackmon (CB) - Move on, He did what was asked by not muffing anything up, but got nothing in returns.
    13) Terrell Thomas (CB) - Similar to how we dealt with Kiwi and how we should with goff.
    14) Deon Grant (SS) - I would be surprised if he doesn't retire
    15) Steve Weatherford (P) - I think we can all agree that we need to keep him for a reasonable price. He could be the next coming of Feagles but with a bigger leg. He was big in our playoff run. Jets screwed the pooch on this one again.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

Not listed are some of the DBs

Michael Coe
    Justin Tryon
    Bruce Johnson
    Brian Jackson
    Derrick Martin

Preference in first two being brought back for depth. You have to find these key guys to help in depth and cap.

[quote user="AngryAZN"]Front office must deal with 15 notable players that are not on contract for the 2012/2013 season. I have a feeling that next year's team will be an entirely different. I suspect most of the players who went on IR will be gone (e.g., Hixon, Goff, Thomas). I have a feeling the two TEs will be released also.

1) Mario Manningham (WR)
    2) Devin Thomas (WR)
    3) Hixon (WR)
    4) Ballard (TE)
    5) Pascoe (TE)
    6) McKenzie (RT)
    7) Tollefson (RE)
    8) Bernard (DT)
    9) Blackburn (MLB)
    10) Goff (MLB)
    11) Aaron Ross (CB)
    12) Will Blackmon (CB)
    13) Terrell Thomas (CB)
    14) Deon Grant (SS)
    15) Steve Weatherford (P)[/quote]

I think we keep, Manningham, Ross, T2, Goff, Thomas. Ballard, Weatherford and Blackburn.