+ Reply to Thread

Francesa's opening statement

Crap! I missed the opening of his show. Can someone paraphrase what he had to say? Don't know if I can find it recorded somewhere

Thanks

Re: Francesa's opening statement

[quote user="CTLadyBlue"]Crap! I missed the opening of his show. Can someone paraphrase what he had to say? Don't know if I can find it recorded somewhere

Thanks[/quote]probably a good thing.
    Peace,
    DragonSoul

Twitter Account! https://twitter.com/DragonSoul

said the giants opened up camp with one word in mind - "finish". And from Cruz's 99yder against the jets through to the final drive last night, that's what they did.

obviously a summation.

Basically congrats to the giants, we'll have celebration details, and Eli is now a God, Eli under pressure ridiculous, Welker drop will haunt the Pats. Also mentioned going back to training camp the Giants had the "Finish" motto and by all means they did last night.

Wasn't much of a monologue really Phil Simms joined him rather quick.

Talked about Finishing as Oscar mentioned and how Eli is no longer 'Little Brother'

Mentioned how the GIANTS are 9-1 in title games in the last 25 years - 5-0 in NFC Championship and 4-1 in SB - which was a remarkable achievement.

The Podcast is here: http://itunes.apple.com/podcast/mike...sa/id386002669

Stupid Ravens!!!

[quote user="GOBIGBLUE52"]Basically congrats to the giants, we'll have celebration details, and Eli is now a God, Eli under pressure ridiculous, Welker drop will haunt the Pats. Also mentioned going back to training camp the Giants had the "Finish" motto and by all means they did last night.

Wasn't much of a monologue really Phil Simms joined him rather quick.
    [/quote]

One of the few times that I actually agree with Francessa. He actually picked the Giants to win.

One good point he made is how fragile these championships are now. All the things that went right for the Giants since the game in Dallas and if just one of those things go the other way, the Giants season is over. And how easily the Saints, 49ers, Packers and Ravens could have been there instead.

He's right. We're celebrating our second spectacular Super Bowl win in 5 years. How easily we could be lamenting and agonizing over two brutal losses (like the Pats are today).

[quote user="krygny"]One good point he is how fragile these championships are now. All the things that went right for the Giants since the game in Dallas and if just one of those things go the other way, the Giants season is over. And how easily the Saints, 49ers, Packers and Ravens could have been there instead.

He's right. We're celebrating our second spectacular Super Bowl win in 5 years. How easily we could be lamenting and agonizing over two brutal losses (like the Pats are today).

[/quote]

I thought his point was more that it's very important to get hot, there is so little difference between these teams in the playoffs and it isn't like the old days where you had a small handfull of powerhouses. Every team is flawed nobody is a juggernaut.

Simms is on fatso's show and he just said the 9-7 team is just as good as the 13-3 team.
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells