+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran

This Superbowl run with all the injuries trumps the Packers last year.

When you consider the key players we lost, and the injury after injury as guys were dropping like flies for the Giants.

How many guys were on IR for us? Plus us losing key guys during the SB.

If you ask me all the injuries for the Packers were kinda overblown. They lost Finley, but that just shows how overrated he is. The guy drops a ton of passes as well. The other TE's were able to step up for them and even block better in the running game. Ryan Grant is nothing special.

Their biggest legit loss was Nick Barnett. I'm not trying to discount their SB or anything, dont get me wrong, but we had to overcome much more to get to this game.

If I told you at the beginning of the season if we were going to win the Superbowl after all these injuries, what would you say?

Go Giants! Making history one season at a time!

Re: This Superbowl run with all the injuries trumps the Packers last year.

Are you crazy? They were way more banged up than the Giants were. The Giants got mostly healthy going into the playoffs. The Packers were missing many key players through their entire run.

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.

I'm going to say this because I feel that this is very important. When teams draft players, they can get them in lower rounds and find gems. Sometimes players may get better so we have to look at that. We also have to look at the other teams injuries who they have played against. How tough was their schedule etc. Packers may just have found enough players to take others place like we have.

Veteran

[quote user="trenken311"]Are you crazy? They were way more banged up than the Giants were. The Giants got mostly healthy going into the playoffs. The Packers were missing many key players through their entire run.

Dont play Ryan Grant off like he was nothing. He was a big weapon for Rodgers that season and was a big loss for them. We had almost every single key player healthy on the field.[/quote]Ryan Grant is a good player. I'm not saying he is trash. But the Packers didnt even run the ball anyway. Who needs a RB or Finley, when you got AR and all those receivers to throw too. Even Packers fan will admit Filney is not as good as everyone says he is. The dude is very overrated.

Tell me who else they lost that made such an impact?

Bench Player

no TT and goff

thank god for chase

what's more impressive was how ross held up at CB all season. i thought at preseason after TT went down that if giants were to have any success on the D side of the ball that prince would have had to develop as quick as possible.

Starter

No way, Packers had 16!! players on IR and I'd say about they where as important as ours on the top end.

cmon now lol

they lost Barnett starting SS Barnett Finley and Grant early in the season and Driver and Woodson DURING THE SUPERBOWL

giants had the 2nd most injured defense in the last 25 years.

Giants had worse injuries than the packers.

and damn why u tryna steal shine from what the Packers did last year lol

Veteran

[quote user="slipknottin"]giants had the 2nd most injured defense in the last 25 years.

Giants had worse injuries than the packers.[/quote]Exactly. We were completely decimated this year. It's a miracle that Cruz and some of the other guys stepped up.