+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

one thing I am disappointed about with the Giants

was how Ballard was handled yesterday. I thought it was pretty obvious right away that it was more than a sprained knee. It wasn't like they did any real tests on him and they released it to NBC as a knee sprain....

poor guy tried to give it a guy and went down

Has my respect - but he should of been shut down
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

Re: one thing I am disappointed about with the Giants

I bet you Ballard wouldnt have wanted it any other way.

Yeah the trainers really can only act on what the player says... If he thinks he can go a trainier is going to believe that and try not to hold a player (who says he is ok) back from the biggest game of both their lives... I dont think it was intentional but do hope a speedy recovery for him and Travis B...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

Bench Player

i disagree. some guys actually have the ability to play immediately after a serious injury and I'm not positive but I believe a meniscus injury is harder to evaluate in person immediately after the injury

I'm sure that was 100% Ballard's call as he wanted to be out there with his team and finish off a superbowl victory if there was any chance at all that he could.

I know I wouldn't let the training staff shut me down right there if there was any way i could go

players want to go back with concussions as well - are we not past that point

it was awful the way he went down trying to see if he could break on the side lines
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]was how Ballard was handled yesterday. I thought it was pretty obvious right away that it was more than a sprained knee. It wasn't like they did any real tests on him and they released it to NBC as a knee sprain....

[/quote]

yea i felt bad for Ballard as well especially when he was shown falling down on the sidelines!

when he was initially injured i thought he shouldve been done right there.

They probably were telling him he should be out but he probably insisted that he was fine until he started running on the banged up knee.

Kid's a warrior.

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"]was how Ballard was handled yesterday. I thought it was pretty obvious right away that it was more than a sprained knee. It wasn't like they did any real tests on him and they released it to NBC as a knee sprain....

[/quote]

Tough call.

We had already lost Beckum so this was a big blow. Dr. Warren and our trainers are top notch but you're right, this wasn't their finest moment.

http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

i doubt ballard was saying he couldn't go, and they were saying he's got to give it a go.

the guy's a warrior and made sure he left nothing in the tank.

no one likes to see someone go down like that, but if we lose and hethinks he may have been able to go back in but nevertestedhis knee? that would be brutal to live with.

It was the SB. If ever you are to give it a shot it is during the SB. I really respect the guy for trying. I hope he will recover 100%.