+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why risk it????

Why risk it????

Why did TC risk running the ball on our final TD drive? Bradshaw should have never had the chance to score. Eli could have just kneeled and had Tynes kick the xtra point sized FG, 18-17, no time left. Instead, AB gets the ball, and we risk a fumble, or we risk a score, as it played out, forcing us to put the ball in the hands of TOM FREAKIN' BRADY with a minute to go down the field, which he almost did. Yeah, yeah, I know, we won.But, now that the euphoria is wearing off, I'm starting to analyze more.....

Re: Why risk it????

Coughlin explained it---he said that anything can happen with a field goal attempt no matter how close it is. I agree with him.

tom brady almost drove down the field?

REALLY???

Two sides to everything, but I prefered the TD and forcing the pats to score a TD, rather than giving brady 20 seconds and only needing a FG to win.

FGs/XPs are no sure thing, ever.

Coughlin had a "mea culpa" in an inteview with the NFL network where he said that he never told bradshaw to stop at the one. It was eli mentioning to him that he should down the ball at the one.

Coughlin said not giving bradshaw a clear strategy there was 'on him' (meaning Coughlin).

i really underestimate how tough being a HC is. Can you imagine having guys chirping at you constantly in your headphones, and you're trying to manage the clock, and you're making calls (2 points, go for it on 4th), and you're telling guys what their focus should be (watch for the onside, kick it OB dodge, stop at the one bradshaw).

Yikes. i get to pause and contemplate all this stuff in madden.

get as close as possible while also making them burn time outs. Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL, Cundiff wiff should have shown us, you can't always trust the kick will go in.

it all worked out in the end
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

Veteran

[quote user="redbeardxxv"]Why did TC risk running the ball on our final TD drive? Bradshaw should have never had the chance to score. Eli could have just kneeled and had Tynes kick the xtra point sized FG, 18-17, no time left. Instead, AB gets the ball, and we risk a fumble, or we risk a score, as it played out, forcing us to put the ball in the hands of TOM FREAKIN' BRADY with a minute to go down the field, which he almost did. Yeah, yeah, I know, we won.But, now that the euphoria is wearing off, I'm starting to analyze more.....[/quote]

You'd really want everything to come down to a FG attempt? I know Tynes has made the big kick while with the Giants but many things can go wrong. You have to trust the rest of your team. You get as many points as you can when you can and trust that your special teams and defense will stepup after the TD and help win you the game with under a minute left in the game.

Over 5500 posts, advanced member, joined March 2002. 1st post (as anonymous) was the day after Super Bowl 35

I see no issue with it.

Bench Player

thinking it over, if nicks had stayed in bounds on the 2nd and 3, giants literally could have ran it all the way down to :01. pats would have had to use one of their two remaining timeouts. then you figure that eli would center the ball on 1st and goal and that would leave the ball at the 8 or 9 with the pats burning their final TO. then comes a knee on 2nd down which brings up 3rd down at the 10. finally, the final knee by eli with less than :40 to go in the game and that last TO called will bring tynes onto the field with the ball spotted dead center at the 11 or 12 yard line.

if there's a way to set a poll up, here would basically be the question: do giant fans trust tynes enough that he won't screw up a 30 yarder down broadway?

in all honestly if it came down to that and he missed, there's no way that he'd be able to step foot in the metropolitan area without a mask the rest of his life. lol

how about if the patriots just let nicks score on that catch?

give brady like 2 minutes, and 2 timeouts.

Veteran

I think when you're losing a game, and you have an opportunity to take a lead with under a minute to play, you have to take it.