+ Reply to Thread

Best QB Performance in Playoff History????

I would love to hear everyones opinions on this. I dont know the history of QB statistics in the playoffs. That said, was Eli Mannings postseason performance the best of all time?

Wins vs Atlanta, @ GB, @ SF, and vs the all time great Pats.

Completed over 100 passes. Over 65% of his passes. Threw for 1219 yards. 305 yards per game. 9 TDS and just 1 INT.

Put this into persepective. Average out Elis postseason into a regular season and he goes for 4900 yards 36 TDS and 4 INTS.... He did this against the best teams in the league all in must win situations, and mostly on the road.

Was this the best performance in postseason history by a QB? Maybe by any player at any position ever?

Let the debate begin...... All I know is I love this team sooooo much. What a season! WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! How sweet it is!

Re: Best QB Performance in Playoff History????

I've never seen someone elevate their play so much in playoff situations. I'm still pretty young, but it's amazing what he does.

[quote user="NoHuddle10"]I would love to hear everyones opinions on this. I dont know the history of QB statistics in the playoffs. That said, was Eli Mannings postseason performance the best of all time?

Wins vs Atlanta, @ GB, @ SF, and vs the all time great Pats.

Completed over 100 passes. Over 65% of his passes. Threw for 1219 yards. 305 yards per game. 9 TDS and just 1 INT.

Put this into persepective. Average out Elis postseason into a regular season and he goes for 4900 yards 36 TDS and 4 INTS.... He did this against the best teams in the league all in must win situations, and mostly on the road.

Was this the best performance in postseason history by a QB? Maybe by any player at any position ever?

Let the debate begin...... All I know is I love this team sooooo much. What a season! WE ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!! How sweet it is![/quote]

i have to say it at the least is right up there. imho, yes it was. he played absolutely lights out, at the absolute highest possible level a qb can or will ever play.

Peyton Manning in his SB run was amazing.

3 TD 7 INT. He carried the team on his shoulders because the media tells us he never had a good defense. He took it upon himself and won that SB.

Brees had his playoff run where he threw for 732 yards, 8 TD/0 INT and like 115 QB rating. But he also faced cardinals, vikings and colts. Eli faced much better teams especially when you consider falcons, 15-1 defending champion Packers, 49ers BEST defense and Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Brady had a good little run in 2004 playoff run but he was throwing between 144-236 yards and had only 5 tds. Pretty good qb rating though.... (cough cough SPYGATE)

Rodgers was a beast last season in the playoffs but he really struggled vs the Bears where he had a 55 qb rating and 0 td/ 2 ints.

Favre, Peyton, Elway, Unitas... no.

*** Montana wins though because of his 1990 playoff run where he had 11 TDs, 0 INT and like 140 QB rating. Maybe even Steve Young in 1994 and Aikman in 1992. Lots of TDs and very high QB ratings.

[quote user="bflo23"]Brees had his playoff run where he threw for 732 yards, 8 TD/0 INT and like 115 QB rating. But he also faced cardinals, vikings and colts. Eli faced much better teams especially when you consider falcons, 15-1 defending champion Packers, 49ers BEST defense and Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Brady had a good little run in 2004 playoff run but he was throwing between 144-236 yards and had only 5 tds. Pretty good qb rating though.... (cough cough SPYGATE)

Rodgers was a beast last season in the playoffs but he really struggled vs the Bears where he had a 55 qb rating and 0 td/ 2 ints.

Favre, Peyton, Elway, Unitas... no.

*** Montana wins though because of his 1990 playoff run where he had 11 TDs, 0 INT and like 140 QB rating. Maybe even Steve Young in 1994 and Aikman in 1992. Lots of TDs and very high QB ratings.

[/quote]

Great stuff, thanks for this...

We will let Morehead decide...