+ Reply to Thread

another last thought-i'll try to keep it short-Gilbride

In this twitter world my long serious posts about the Giants seem to be beyond actually reading fully and commenting on.my bad thinking serious discussion would be taken,well,seriously.The offensive coordinater always takes alot of heat.Look at Shott of the Jets.I think Gilbride did a very commendable job all year.It's a thankless job and this Giant fan wants to give Kevin Gilbride a well deserved "atta boy" pat on the back.He never abandoned the run although the revamped O-line struggled run blocking all yr.It payed off later when they got it together.Even when they couldn't run it a lick,his protection packages gave Eli,for the most part,upright with time to throw in a verticle downfield passing attack.To those who didn't have the patience and made fun of my other posts for being too long to read the Pat's don't run effectively either but have a horizontal shorter route attack that can negate a pass rush,as it did for 3 quarters yesterday.I could go into more detail but it seems that alot of people here are more interested in cheerleading than actually discussing the X's and O's.Again,nice job Gilbride.And Fewell made a nice comeback too,huh?

Re: another last thought-i'll try to keep it short-Gilbride

agreed. However i still feel hos play calls are very predictable. I know almost evverytimne when we r passing versus running. If i know the opponents must too.

He deserves props as you said tho!

[quote user="paul007"]agreed. However i still feel hos play calls are very predictable. I know almost evverytimne when we r passing versus running. If i know the opponents must too.

He deserves props as you said tho![/quote]Hwo about the Pats Offense?

offensive coordinators are the most hated individuals in the sport.

and you can always question play calls, but a lot of them are called at the line... in response to what the defense is showing.