+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If Plax doesn't shoot himself...

Let me preface this by saying I never like to assume, or ask what if...BUT, would we be talking about the Giants as the next dynasty in the NFL...would the Giants be at the end of the list that already includes the '70s Steelers, '80s 49ers, '90s Cowboys, and '00s Patriots?

Re: If Plax doesn't shoot himself...

[quote user="BigBlue9280"]Let me preface this by saying I never like to assume, or ask what if...BUT, would we be talking about the Giants as the next dynasty in the NFL...would the Giants be at the end of the list that already includes the '70s Steelers, '80s 49ers, '90s Cowboys, and '00s Patriots?[/quote]

i use to think that, but I can't think it anymore

truth is the teams that look the best early inthe year, never end up winning it

We were the best team in the NFL to start the 2008 season. Hands down. It was confirmed after we went into Pitt, went to war, and whooped me.

Its too hard to maintain it all the way to the superbowl
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

giants also may not have Nicks and Cruz.

Maybe not. Yeah we looked good that year, but the Packers looked great this year.

You could make the case we peaked to early that year, and our D was worn out. Cofield and Robbins were both banged up and we had Jeremy Clark getting snaps out there.

The Cardinals or the Eagles both would have given us a run for our money, they were the hot team that year.

And the next year and the year after that, we probably don't draft Nicks, Cruz probably doesn't emerge etc. So many variables that are left out.

All we can say, everything worked out.

We can still have a dynasty considering how young we are in key areas of our team. Plus we have an Elite Franchise QB and our Defense is going to get healthy and better.

Although i wouldn't hold my breath. I thought we would be a dynasty in 07-08 but it didn't happen.

We have a chance though, but again, don't hold your breath lol.

We always have a shot when we have this dude under center...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3KyRLZiCz0

The Giants mostly likely would have repeated and won the Superbowl in 2008 after beating the Steelers in Pitts and thoroughly dominating the Cardinals in AZ in the regular season. But whose to tell the future for certain?

The team finally got the pieces together late in this season and made a playoff run for the ages.

I don't think so. Plax is (or cetainly was) incapable of controlling his impulses. If it wasn't the gun, it would have been some other implosion that served as a distraction to the team. I think getting rid of him allowed us to focus on reloading the receiving group and I like what that has yielded. I think if Plax were still around, we wouldn't have the same group of other receivers and that in the end would have hurt us.
    No one remembers who came in second.

If Plax doesn't shoot himself MAYBE we repeat in 2008. Impossible to say, but it's very tough to win 2 in a row.

However, we probably DO NOT win this year. With Plax on the team, we might not have drafted Nicks (and even if we wanted to, we might have been farther back in the draft and he wouldn't have fallen to us). We almost certainly don't make room for Cruz on the roster. That's 2 key players right there on the Super Bowl XLVI team that might not be here. And there might be more too. With Plax maybe we finish better than 8-8 in 2009 and we can't draft JPP.

Hate to say this because he shot himself, but in the long run it worked out for the Giants.

[quote user="jomo"]I don't think so. Plax is (or cetainly was) incapable of controlling his impulses. If it wasn't the gun, it would have been some other implosion that served as a distraction to the team. I think getting rid of him allowed us to focus on reloading the receiving group and I like what that has yielded.[/quote]

your getting too literal on the OPs thought

I think he was staying if Plax could of stayed on the field
    Fear the name, appreciate the game