+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

We should only get better next year

I want another one! []
    http://boards.giants.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25347&dateline=138526  4905
    Get well, get back #80

Re: We should only get better next year

[quote user="Roosevelt"]I want another one!* []
    [/quote]Well, it is all about the salary cap. I think we will be OK but am not sure. We certainly won't have to pay Jacobs and I figure MM is unafordable. However we need to improve our OL, LB and maybe our DB crew. Hopefully TT makes a full recovery but that is not a guarantee. either way we'd get him cheap because of the injury (which stinks for him).

Our QB and receivers are among the very best in the league with NO and GB so we are in great shape to make another run with our talented D.
    No one remembers who came in second.

We're gonna see some player movement this offseason. Manningham, Osi, Jacobs, Thomas, and several other players could all seek free agent paydays/trades, and the Giants could see their roster pilfered a little bit. However, I think JR will be a bit more active in free agency this year than he was last year and get a LB, OL, and some other players to fill out the roster for next year. Also, we need to draft well again. All I can say is, In Reese I Trust!

Veteran

I think the cap is going to be an issue

Any agent worth their salt is going to ask for JPP and Cruz raises.

Guessing:

Osi is gone
    McKennzie is gone
    Diehl is likely gone
    Jacobs is gone
    Manningham is gone

and those might be the easy decisions.

[quote user="jomo"][quote user="Roosevelt"]I want another one! []
    [/quote]Well, it is all about the salary cap. I think we will be OK but am not sure. We certainly won't have to pay Jacobs and I figure MM is unafordable. However we need to improve our OL, LB and maybe our DB crew. Hopefully TT makes a full recovery but that is not a guarantee. either way we'd get him cheap because of the injury (which stinks for him).

Our QB and receivers are among the very best in the league with NO and GB so we are in great shape to make another run with our talented D.[/quote]

I agree with everything both of you said, especially that part about ANOTHER ONE!. Besides Jomo's list, I'm also now concerned about TE after the toll taken yesterday - and a little unsettled on what we actually have in our young RB's.

[quote user="NYSPORTS"]I think the cap is going to be an issue

Any agent worth their salt is going to ask for JPP and Cruz raises.

Guessing:

Osi is gone
    McKennzie is gone
    Diehl is likely gone
    Jacobs is gone
    Manningham is gone

and those might be the easy decisions.[/quote]
    As much as it saddens me, Osi/Jacobs will probably be sent packing for mid round picks. Manningham will probably capitalize on his recent stardom, and seek a big-time starters salary from a team in need of receiver help (honestly can't blame him, though I want him to stay). Diehl/McKenzie will probably be cut like Seubert and O'Hara were this past off-season. Cruz will seek a new contract, and deserves one. But I think JR will be more likely to spend more $ on free agents this year with some of those aforementioned salaries coming off the books.

Veteran

It's going to hurt if/when we lose Jacobs, Manningham, and/or Osi.

The Giants WILL be better next year and they WiILL win another Super Bowl! Go Giants!!!!!!!!!!
    Remember this post a year from now.....
    "Remain in what you are, the center of your life
    You made it to this point no one can tell you how..." Gojira-Vacuity

that's probably what green bay, and pittsburg, and the saints all said after their wins too.

i feel the same, but let's see.

Unfortunately so will the Packers, Saints, Eagles and 49ers.

No question G-men will be in the mix but it always harder to repeat