+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

So who we drafting?

Right now I'm leaning towards the TE Fleener......just keep stacking the weapons for god ol Eli...Either that or a stud RT

Veteran

Re: So who we drafting?

Fleener is my pick. We will probably lose Manningham to free agency and TE is a huge need now so why not add a great pass receiving TE to compensate for the loss of Manningham?

Fleener seems to have the potential to be one of those elite receiving TEs, and with Cruz and Nicks being doubled on the outside he will be a matchup nightmare in the middle of the field.

Plus with Beckums torn ACL and Ballard being a FA (Though I expect him back), it makes TE that much more of a need for us

Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent

[quote user="bubblesmcgee"]Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent[/quote]
    LOL, awesome picture. Fleener really does look like a good one....Reminds me of Greg Olsen, but Fleener being superior in both Length and athleticism

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="bubblesmcgee"]Imagine this offense with a TE like that? WOW that would be potent[/quote]
    LOL, awesome picture. Fleener really does look like a good one....Reminds me of Greg Olsen, but Fleener being superior in both Length and athleticism
    [/quote]

I cant take credit for the picture I found it in 08 shortly after SB 42 and I thought this is a perfect occasion to break it out again

Veteran

[quote user="juice33s"]Plus with Beckums torn ACL and Ballard being a FA (Though I expect him back), it makes TE that much more of a need for us
    [/quote]

TE is our biggest need to me. We do not have a 2012 NFL TE on the roster. We have 1947 NFL TE's lol.

I've wanted Fleener for the longest. Was hoping for him midsecond round when I thought that's where we'd be picking, but now, not minding him at end of the first.

While Fleener's my ideal choice, if Mike Adams falls to 32, you can't say no.

Yeah. Fleener reminds me exactly of Olsen. Me personally, I want a TE that may not have the burst/speed of a Fleener but one with very strong hands and elite body control. Therefore, I'd prefer a Dwayne Allen. Granted his body control isn't on a Jermichael Finley level, but I think he's much better making catches in traffic, on jump balls, and overall tight coverage. I'd be very happy with either.

Hey, since Manningham might be gone... I wouldn't put it past the giants towards drafting a receiver? Since we do have a history of BPA, it wouldn't shock me if Alshon Jeffery or Sanu drops to 32 and the giants pick either

[quote user="bLuereverie"]I've wanted Fleener for the longest. Was hoping for him midsecond round when I thought that's where we'd be picking, but now, not minding him at end of the first.

While Fleener's my ideal choice, if Mike Adams falls to 32, you can't say no.[/quote]
    I'm not too high on Adams. Supposedly he struggles with speed rushers to go along with his character concerns and relatively short arm length (33 1/4). For reference tyron Smith had 36 3/8 inch arms