+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Giants have won 2 Super Bowls with Aaron Ross...

starting at cornerback.

not sure what this means if anything, but i do know that Ross has taken quite a bit a heat from giant fans over the past 4 years. some of it has been deserved, but maybe he deserves some credit for good play too?

i have seen Ross play well. and he's proven at the very least, to not be a liability as he is/or has been seen by many fans on this board. not sure if he'll be back next year with his contract expiring though...

what do you guys think? will ross be back?

Re: The Giants have won 2 Super Bowls with Aaron Ross...

That was a sick tackle he had at the start of the game. Reminded me of him when Ross was throwing his body around with a dislocated shoulder against Dallas in 07

All-Pro

Some team will over pay him, hopefully with mini camps and training camp Prince will play great next season..

[quote user="barran21"]Some team will over pay him, hopefully with mini camps and training camp Prince will play great next season..
    [/quote]

you think? i just don't see his value being too high around the league. maybe i'm wrong. i would like him back if he's relatively cheap, but i certainly think he is one of the more replaceable free agents we have to worry about.

There's no doubt that he's surpassed expectations this season, and played particularly well in the 2nd half of the season. But there was a good reason why people on him at the beginning of the year. For the first 2 games of the season, he played bad. Like, the-worst-corner-I've-ever-seen, bad. But he turned it around after that.

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="barran21"]Some team will over pay him, hopefully with mini camps and training camp Prince will play great next season..
    [/quote]

you think? i just don't see his value being too high around the league. maybe i'm wrong. i would like him back if he's relatively cheap, but i certainly think he is one of the more replaceable free agents we have to worry about.[/quote]
    He was one of the worst cover corners in the league this season, but he's nice to have as a 3rd/4th guy to come in with experience

[quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="barran21"]Some team will over pay him, hopefully with mini camps and training camp Prince will play great next season..
    [/quote]

you think? i just don't see his value being too high around the league. maybe i'm wrong. i would like him back if he's relatively cheap, but i certainly think he is one of the more replaceable free agents we have to worry about.[/quote]
    He was one of the worst cover corners in the league this season, but he's nice to have as a 3rd/4th guy to come in with experience
    [/quote]

i just don't know how accurate that really is. i mean, it's easy to say that after watching the game on tv and seeing the guy get burned on a play. but the majority of plays, if we're being honest, most fans don't even see what ross is doing. there is a reason he is starting on the giants. and not just because tt went on ir. i just think maybe as fans we don't see the whole picture when it comes to certain players.

it's easy to judge a quarterback on every snap. or even a middle linebacker for that matter. a cornerback...not so much.

[quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="juice33s"][quote user="Easy-Duz-It"][quote user="barran21"]Some team will over pay him, hopefully with mini camps and training camp Prince will play great next season..
    [/quote]

[/quote]

i just don't know how accurate that really is. i mean, it's easy to say that after watching the game on tv and seeing the guy get burned on a play. but the majority of plays, if we're being honest, most fans don't even see what ross is doing. there is a reason he is starting on the giants. and not just because tt went on ir. i just think maybe as fans we don't see the whole picture when it comes to certain players.

it's easy to judge a quarterback on every snap. or even a middle linebacker for that matter. a cornerback...not so much.[/quote]
    He gave up the 9th most yards and had the 10th worst QB rating against. http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...-2011-numbers/

All-Pro

The Raiders over paid for Boss.....so i wouldn't be shock if Ross got more than the Giant can afford to pay him...

With today's pass happy NFL you can not have enough quality corner backs on your team, Ross will be resigned.