+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I would keep Mario over Osi and Ross.

Mario has totally earned my respect during the playoff run, he is money & the truth, he's really a #2 playing a #3 wideout, heck on some teams he might be #1, and he's very young with an upside still, can't say the same about Osi and Ross. We are stacked at DE and T2 is coming back so Ross is expendable, T2 is a better corner also. The same can't be said about Mario if he's gone, the drop-off in talent, ability, skill, experience is huge and Eli being the passing master that he is needs #3 of his caliber to spread the field. And let's keep in mind that injuries can also happen so if we don't have Mario then we only have one legit WR to go to and that ain't going to cut it.

WE MUST KEEP MARIO.

Re: I would keep Mario over Osi and Ross.

I think with improvement at the LB , we can move kiwi and Osi is more replaceable, at this point mario might not be

I respectfully disagree. Although I really do like Mario alot and will always his big superbowl play. To me he is easier to replace than Osi and Ross. While Mario was certainly a part of alot of big plays for us throughout the season he is also very responsible for alot of drops and wrongly run routes. Please do not get me wrong here I would love to be able to resign Mario but I honestly believe he is replaceable to...I know i know alot of people will say well what about his big catch yesterday. Yes it was fantastic but most good receivers should be able to make that play. To me the pass was far more impressive than the catch itself. My simple point is finding guys to produce like Osi and Ross will be more difficult than just replacing our 3rd WR. Again, I would love to keep Mario but for your subject line I have to disagree but I do understand your argument.

I agree about Ross if TT comes back and is healthy , he's an upgrade on Ross and with Prince getting a training camp under his belt he should be much improved. But on the situation with Osi and Mario I'm at a crossroads they both played so well in the playoffs :/

I agree. We have Tuck, JPP & Tolly / Webby, T2, Prince and Rolle (on occasion) in their absence. We can draft or replace in FA.

Manningham has come up big when he's needed most, and it's always great to hear the "Manning to Manningham...."

Osi I would like to keep, bc he has many great years ahead of him. Plus Jerry would throw a monster contract at him so he and Ware could Torment us.

So if we released them and renegotiated with Osi and Mario, that would be best.

Osi > Mario > Jacobs > Ross

Veteran

I'd definitely take Osi over Mario. Osi was averaging a sack a game. Seems most of the time there is miscommunication between Eli and a receiver, its Mario. I'd rather see Hixon, Barden, or Thomas get a chance to replace Mario.

[quote user="Zaggs"]I'd definitely take Osi over Mario.* Osi was averaging a sack a game.* Seems most of the time there is miscommunication between Eli and a receiver, its Mario.* I'd rather see Hixon, Barden, or Thomas get a chance to replace Mario.
    [/quote]

Good point i guess, but i'm hoping one of them pans out, and we have to trust Eli to work with the new receivers

Bench Player

[quote user="Zaggs"]I'd definitely take Osi over Mario. Osi was averaging a sack a game. Seems most of the time there is miscommunication between Eli and a receiver, its Mario. I'd rather see Hixon, Barden, or Thomas get a chance to replace Mario.
    [/quote]
    +1

If I had to make a choice, keep the D strong.

[quote user="ShockeyShow"]I agree. We have Tuck, JPP & Tolly / Webby, T2, Prince and Rolle (on occasion) in their absence. We can draft or replace in FA.

Manningham has come up big when he's needed most, and it's always great to hear the "Manning to Manningham...."[/quote]

We actually do not have Tolly or T2 as of right now since they are both free agents and need to be resigned. Until that happens you can't really assume we have these guys.

Also Manningham has come through at times but he has also failed at times. Just immediately off the top of my head two big ones come to mind where he dropped go ahead/tying touchdown passes this year against the cowboys and the 49ers. Yes we were still able to recover and win the dallas game but the point is he dropped a go ahead touchdown pass without even being touched. and arguably costed us the niners game...just saying

Veteran

It doesn't work that way. It's about price. If some team offers Manningham 4 million a year the same way the Raiders offered Boss 4 million a year than he will be gone. Ross can be brought back on the cheap, I doubt they will have to pay him more than 750,000 a year so I think they should absolutely bring him back. As far as Osi goes he is under contract next year. If they get a decent trade offer they will trade him, if they can pay him they will pay him, ,but he's not gone yet. He's still a Giant, whether he likes it or not. And honestly, I don't think he minds being on the team, he just wants to make more money. Anyway, let the GM handle these decisions. No point on speculating. Just understand that Nicks, Cruz, and JPP will be coming up in the next few years, and the contracts JR gives out now will heavily impact the Giants ability to sign those guys.