+ Reply to Thread
    Starter

Plax shooting himself was a blessing in disguise...

I hate to say it, but it really was if you think about it. We all know how we could have had the repeat in 2008, but that was by NO means guaranteed. By shooting himself, we got a younger receiving core, a stud in the humble non-diva Nicks, and Eli became more of a leader - it's his offense and his team. What we CAN guarantee, however, is a Super Bowl this year - it's over and the Giants are champions.

I love Plax for helping Eli grow as a player and for helping us win SB42, but those days are gone and the future is bright.

Re: Plax shooting himself was a blessing in disguise...

didnt see arizona beating us here and we would have got the steelers again who we beat

Starter

[quote user="jppmvp90"]didnt see arizona beating us here and we would have got the steelers again who we beat[/quote]I know how great of a shot they had (no pun intended at first) but you can't say it was a definite Super Bowl victory. Nothing was guaranteed.

[quote user="pj18"][quote user="jppmvp90"]didnt see arizona beating us here and we would have got the steelers again who we beat[/quote]I know how great of a shot they had (no pun intended at first) but you can't say it was a definite Super Bowl victory. Nothing was guaranteed.
    [/quote]
    Besides Plax, the D was looking worn down by the end of the season. Strahan had retired and Osi missed the year with an injury. The D-line was pretty thin.

Plax was always a bit hotheaded for my liking. He's a better fit for the hotheaded jets outfit under rex anyway. I'll take nicks/cruz/manningham any day.

A couple of other misfits between the two ny teams (each pair should be switched in my personal opinion):
    Rolle <-> Revis
    Jacobs <-> Tomlinson

And weatherford should come over for... oh wait we've got him already. LOL

[quote user="jppmvp90"]didnt see arizona beating us here and we would have got the steelers again who we beat[/quote]

We peaked too early when we went on that stretch where we beat 5 consecutive teams with winning records, but it all unraveled in December. When we lost Plax, we basically lost balance on offense and everything aspect of it suffered. Losing Plax was especially critical against a team like Philly, if we could've somehow gotten out of that divisional round, I think we could've squeaked into the Super Bowl where anything would be possible, but it still would be a far cry from the team that started 11-1. The team as a whole was banged up and we were playing on our heels by the end.