+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Defense still wasn't up to snuff

Glad they won. Big time game that was a nail biter all the way. But Fewell and the gang got some very fortunate breaks. The Welker drop. Hernandez dropping some. Branch too. The soft zones and lack of any kind of jam at the line was killing me. Nobody should EVER pick up a 4th & 16. period. I realize you can't give up the deep ball. But the pass rush sucked. And, the coverage was mediocre at best. Again, winning is great, even if it's ugly.................
    Everyone has the right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Re: Defense still wasn't up to snuff

We need work on the defense, that's why we have the offseason.

Currently enjoying the SB win.

[quote user="MikeIsaGiant"]We need work on the defense, that's why we have the offseason.

Currently enjoying the SB win.[/quote]No doubt. With T2, Goff and others coming off injuries. We will be a force.

not sure if serious....

those guys gave it all, laid the wood every chance they could every tackle...all 11 of them.

so proud of that Defense, the same Defense I waved my hand at after Green Bay and passed them off as soft no heart.

Well they shut me up

GIANTS !!!

We caught some breaks, as most champions do, and while we didn't get the pressure that we thought would be needed to win, the coverage down field was pretty damn good. We let them dink and dunk and it got a little scary, but we held them to 17 points. Pretty impressive.

"...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

[quote user="GMen869007"]We caught some breaks, as most champions do, and while we didn't get the pressure that we thought would be needed to win, the coverage down field was pretty damn good. We let them dink and dunk and it got a little scary, but we held them to 17 points. Pretty impressive.
    [/quote]True, although in reality THEY held themselves to 17 points. The drops were huge for us. Glad we won. I guess I was hoping for more pressure on Brady. He had ALL DAY to throw.

[quote user="bansaw"]not sure if serious....

those guys gave it all, laid the wood every chance they could every tackle...all 11 of them.

so proud of that Defense, the same Defense I waved my hand at after Green Bay and passed them off as soft no heart.

Well they shut me up

GIANTS !!!

[/quote]

well said banny

The Giants D played great in only letting up 17 points to the Pats. You can't shut down every play -- this is the Pats we're talking about; not the 49ers.

The great thing about winning this SB is that there is still definite room for improvement on D. It's almost scary how good they can be.

Hopefully we won't lose Osi and can build off of what we currently have.

[quote user="gfanblue"][quote user="GMen869007"]We caught some breaks, as most champions do, and while we didn't get the pressure that we thought would be needed to win, the coverage down field was pretty damn good. We let them dink and dunk and it got a little scary, but we held them to 17 points. Pretty impressive.
    [/quote]True, although in reality THEY held themselves to 17 points. The drops were huge for us. Glad we won. I guess I was hoping for more pressure on Brady. He had ALL DAY to throw.[/quote]

Yeah, that argument could be made, like I said, we caught some breaks, but the argument could also be made that we held ourselves to 21 points because we had the ball in Patriots territory on every drive but 1, and very well could've scored quite a few more if not for some costly penalties and miscues.