+ Reply to Thread

If we lose Manningham?

Would anyone consider wanting to bring Steve Smith back? I understand a lot of fans are mad with him as am I but if we did lose Manningham(Which of course I hope we don't). I think Smith really would be great in the slot and of course him and Eli really work great together.. he was a perfect possession receiver for us.

Re: If we lose Manningham?

I have no problem with re-signing smith.

As long as our guys do something to wash the Eagle stench off of him first :P
    "...two minute drill at the end of each quarter, Ya'know with the wind like this blowing mooch and marshall into the ocean...If that's behind me I think were getting 3 from 70 so holla at your boy. IF YOU DON"T PICK ME THAT'S A JOKE RIGHT?" - Justin Tucker, Ravens kicker

Complain?, ain't Nobody got time for dat!

GO GIANTS!

I don't know.... can he catch anymore

Funny I was asking some friends that very same question on Sunday.
    MM will want more $$$ SS probably near vet min. depends on his phsical given the choice Id rather take a chance with some drops than with the health/injury issues, money not being factored in.

MM will not be back next year. I was never mad at SS leaving, so I'd have no problem with him coming back as long as he's healthy.

Don't be surprised if Giants draft a WR.

ESPN's
    Adam Schefter believes a reunion with free agent Steve Smith could be a
    fallback option for the Giants if they fail to re-sign Mario
    Manningham.

Schefter has been hinting at a
    Smith/Giants reunion for over two months, so he's clearly not just
    speculating. Smith had a disastrous 2011 with the Eagles, catching just
    11 passes in nine games before being sent to injured reserve with a bone
    bruise in his surgically-repaired left knee. Although he's still only
    26 and now over a year removed from his microfracture operation, Smith
    won't draw any interest until he proves he's healthy. Feb 4 - 12:07 PM
    Source: ESPN.com

[quote user="GiantFanatic55"]
    ESPN's
    Adam Schefter believes a reunion with free agent Steve Smith could be a
    fallback option for the Giants if they fail to re-sign Mario
    Manningham.

Schefter has been hinting at a
    Smith/Giants reunion for over two months, so he's clearly not just
    speculating. Smith had a disastrous 2011 with the Eagles, catching just
    11 passes in nine games before being sent to injured reserve with a bone
    bruise in his surgically-repaired left knee. Although he's still only
    26 and now over a year removed from his microfracture operation, Smith
    won't draw any interest until he proves he's healthy. Feb 4 - 12:07 PM
    Source: ESPN.com
    [/quote]

rumor has it shefter just read my post titled "smith wants to be a giant next year"...ok im not gonna bring that up again but i do feel smith is going to be looked at by reese. i know smith would love to come back and that he really regretted what happened...i think both parties regret what happened (giants and smith)...i actually expect us to give it serious consideration now that he's removed from his injury long enough for it to have healed.

we'll see tho, i trust our medical staff.

but i also believe we could resign MM. he wants to stay here, and i believe with the group we have now, nicks and cruz wouldnt mind taking a lil hit on their contracts to ensure MM can return. just a feeling.

i wouldnt be surprised if they all got roughly the same amount of money with nicks getting a lil more than cruz and cruz a lil more than mm. just my thoughts. and even still, wouldnt surprise me if we still look into signing smith.

i really hope we sign smith, he was excellent for us in 09, he had an amazing relationship with eli, they were always on the same page. excellent 3rd down slot kinda guy. hopefully, good thing about that is we wont have to worry bout that for a lil.

edit-smith is a perfect fit for what we do here on offense.
    "The OL is good enough for most of Eli's supposed peers..."

" I'll also remind you that Reuben Randle is a greater threat than Jason Witten."

Veteran

SS will not be back, ever.

MM has skills but is as dumb as a rock.

Next year will be Nicks, Cruz and Barden.

Steve Smith should be a NYG... and forever. Hopefully we bring him back ...Eli would love to have him. Unlike some of our other receivers.... we do not have to *dumby down* the offense when Eli... specifically wants to throw to Steve. Our WRs can be more flexible if Smith comes back. Steve Smith *moves the chains* more than anything. That gives our Defense fresher.... and they do appreciate it. If MM stays ... it gives us more flexibility with various slot receivers and wide outs. Gilbride can design more plays.... and Eli will love it.

RonnieRotten - Las Vegas, NV.

I personally do not want Smith back at all...not just because he left to the Eagles...I just do not think he is the same receiver we once knew. I also do not think he fits our need for a 3rd WR the best. I would still like to see someone more like Manningham that can go get the deep ball and stretch the field. That certainly is not Steve Smith. I like having the versatility.