+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Did Eli leave a floater?

Or did chung just make a nice play , on big hit on nicks. I admit at first I thought Eli hung him up to dry when i saw it live. Second look at it ,it wasnt that high and Chung just closed in fast.

opinions?

LINK
    The pessimist complains about the wind;
    The optimist expects it to change;
    The realist adjusts the sails."
    - William Arthur Ward -

Re: Did Eli leave a floater?

i thought it should have been flagged for hit on a defenseless receiver bc Chung led with his helmet.

I saw the play developing, I always look for that play when our wide out signals a wr screen.

I thought it was a good pass, but believe Chung had seen that play on film from the Giants enough to sniff it out bc he was not fooled at all. More defensive effort than Eli hanging Nicks out to dry.

[quote user="giantsfan420"]i thought it should have been flagged for hit on a defenseless receiver bc Chung led with his helmet.

I saw the play developing, I always look for that play when our wide out signals a wr screen.

I thought it was a good pass, but believe Chung had seen that play on film from the Giants enough to sniff it out bc he was not fooled at all. More defensive effort than Eli hanging Nicks out to dry.[/quote]

yeah good point he probably sniffed it out from watching film. but man nicks was pretty open i thought a little lower and some more mustard could have been a completion. But i also see there was some pressure in Eli's face, may have caused it.

As I said second time seeing it , it just looks like chung made a hell of a play. I dont get the defensless rec thing , i mean he has the ball he timed it perfect. I hate seeing Nicks hit like that , but id hate football to keep changing.
    - William Arthur Ward -

[quote user="Harooni"]Or did chung just make a nice play , on big hit on nicks. I admit at first I thought Eli hung him up to dry when i saw it live. Second look at it ,it wasnt that high and Chung just closed in fast.

opinions?

LINK
    [/quote]

I think you have to give it to Chung for making the play. The way I see it, Chung read the play and if the throw is lower and directly to Nicks instead of high and away, Chung may have been able to close on the ball instead of just laying Nicks out. (Disclaimer: Amateur opinion)

Eli may have lofted it a bit high to get it over Jerod Mayo and into the soft spot of the zone. May also have been some slight difference in reading in that Nicks may have wanted to take the wheel route into the endzone, but came back to the ball.

It was a great play by Patrick Chung. He didn't lead with his helmet at all. Not even close. When you have one of the stronger receivers at the point of the catch like Nicks, you play it exactly as Chung does.

Banned

Never miss an opportunity to attempt to draw negative light on our QB...do you?

Even after all this time and all that he and the team have accomplished.

I wish they would permanently ban you...sorry to have to say that.

Based on the thread title, I was expecting something funny. Turns out I was right, but not in a "ha ha" way.

[quote user="Harooni"]Or did chung just make a nice play , on big hit on nicks. I admit at first I thought Eli hung him up to dry when i saw it live. Second look at it ,it wasnt that high and Chung just closed in fast.

opinions?

LINK
    [/quote]

my opinion is that QBs cant make very single pass perfect. Receivers will get hit.

saying Eli hung him out to dry is saying he did it on purpose...

get over it Harooni....the Kid is good and he deserves every penny of the contract and the picks the Giants gave up.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Wow some of you are sensitive. I said twice upon looking at it chung made a hell of a play. Been behind Eli for quite some time and voted for him in the probowl.
    - William Arthur Ward -

Giants won the Super Bowl and someone wants to talk about an incomplete pass?

Really?

Eli was 30-40 with 75% completion... Anybody want to go through each incompletion and "rip Eli". I am sure Gumby would.