+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    All-Pro

Free agents for 2013 and 2014 - scary

A bit on the scary side.

2013 - KP, Cruz, Beatty,

2014 - Nicks, Tuck, Boley, Webster, Joseph

I left other other "lesser" people.

So uhm yeah. Save cap space and try and resign at least3 of the 8 guys on there. We won't be able to afford much else. We need to be very careful with our cap this year. I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.

Re: Free agents for 2013 and 2014 - scary

Do signing bonuses count against the cap maybe they can be a little creative there!

Hard to know who will be healthy and/or effective two years from now. If we're assuming "everyone," then I would say Cruz and KP next year would be top priorities, then Nicks and either Tuck or Boley in 2014.

[quote user="gumby742"]

A bit on the scary side.

2013 - KP, Cruz, Beatty,

So uhm yeah.* Save cap space and try and resign at least*3 of the 8 guys on there.* We won't be able to afford much else.* We need to be very careful with our cap this year.* I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.

[/quote]

Cruz, Beatty, Nicks and Webster should be priorities.

[quote user="LT_was_good"]Hard to know who will be healthy and/or effective two years from now. If we're assuming "everyone," then I would say Cruz and KP next year would be top priorities, then Nicks and either Tuck or Boley in 2014.
    [/quote]I like Boley a lot but 2 years from now when his contract is up I doubt very much he is resigned.

All-Pro

[quote user="gumby742"]

A bit on the scary side.

2013 - KP, Cruz, Beatty,

So uhm yeah.* Save cap space and try and resign at least*3 of the 8 guys on there.* We won't be able to afford much else.* We need to be very careful with our cap this year.* I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.

[/quote]

Tuck, Cruz, Nicks you can remove right now. The rest will have some work to do if they want to get resigned. The above might write there own checks but the rest will have to be contract friendly

All-Pro

This is why the draft is SOOOOOOO important to keep a winning team alive.

Bench Player

As much as it sucks having to let productive players that have contributed alot too the G-Mens success it also feels good to have to make these choices because the roster is full of quality players

[quote user="gumby742"]

A bit on the scary side.

2013 - KP, Cruz, Beatty,

So uhm yeah. Save cap space and try and resign at least3 of the 8 guys on there. We won't be able to afford much else. We need to be very careful with our cap this year. I'm almost inclined to say - resign and extend no one unless it's for rediculously cheap.

[/quote]Well first off we have enough problems this off season with guys that need to be resigned.

with that said. maybe to try and keep these guys on board they re design the contracts prior to them ending backloaded or something like that.

Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

37 guys on this team were not on the '07 team.
    we'll draft right , and we'll be fine.

you have teams like the Eagles who spend all their money on free agent hotshots and overpaying their core players.
    then you have the Steelers.....who build through the draft and when 5 years are up the players move on and somebody else steps up.

Eagles 0 rings , Steelers 6 rings.
    when the aliens finally come to conquer us ....
    i hope that their weapons of choice are Gibsons and Fenders