+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Would you take steve smith back?

Lets say MM isn't able to come to a deal with the giants, would you want to see SS back in blue?

My answer is NOOOOO! I honestly feel like SS is a product of eli and when he went to the eagles on a few occasions he bad talked the giants. I even remember him taunting the fans after scoring a TD vs us in the eagles game. He totally flipped as soon as he went over there.

But what do you guys think?

I would honestly rather sign bylon edwards to a short year deal instead of SS. if eli is throwing him the ball i think he will be back to form.. But knowing how the giants do things, i can see us just developing JJ and sticking with our guys.
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~

Re: Would you take steve smith back?

no.. our system will make any WR in that position shine... Cruz happens to be 1000 times the athlete Smith is/was and there is no way Id move VC from that spot...
    I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

when did he bad talk the Giants as an Eagle?

He wasn't recovered from a leg injury

Yes I would take him back
    Fear the name, appreciate the game

To me, it all depends on developments regarding who is on/off the roster. I wouldn't be in favor of making room for him at the expense of who we now have - but I don't have a grudge against him. I have some pretty fond memories of his play for us.

Veteran

If I can't keep Manningham, but I prefer the tall guys, really. Tall, fast, with good hands...that's the ticket.

[quote user="Tony Bruno"]no.. our system will make any WR in that position shine... Cruz happens to be 1000 times the athlete Smith is/was and there is no way Id move VC from that spot...[/quote]

I think having a sure handed guy whose known as a possession guy, that is underrated when it comes to the big play would be a perfect fit.

Fear the name, appreciate the game

Yes, if he's healthy . . . ..

if he can make the lineup - sure
    "...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

[quote user="MattMeyerBud"][quote user="Tony Bruno"]no..* our system will make any WR in that position shine...* Cruz happens to be 1000 times the athlete Smith is/was and there is no way Id move VC from that spot...[/quote]

I think having a sure handed guy whose known as a possession guy, that is underrated when it comes to the big play would be a perfect fit.

[/quote]

I agree with you about bringing Smith back if Mario leaves for bigger bucks. Smith was a sure handed receiver who found a way to get open for the first down ..

not at the expense of the starting three they have now....

he would play well here for sure but they hopefully will keep the top three.....hopefully

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch