+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brady Vs. Eli

Bench Player

Brady Vs. Eli

Man, look we lost and I get it, the best team does not always win and to win these bowls takes some things to go your way. tuck rule, big kicks, missed field goals etc.. but it goes for both teams like I didnt think we were necessarily better then the ravens but won and thats what counts. so manningham makes the catch and welker drops it, its about making plays. however what is not getting enough airtime is the safety call that spotted you 9 points effectively. that was a crap call that in all my time watching football I have never seen. a ball thrown too far down the seam where a receiver ran wrong route. find me two examples of that call and I will shut up. in a superbowl no less. crap call that probably cost them the game.

Now what is getting too much airtime and ridiculous is comparing these two franchises and their quarterbacks over the past decade.

The qb's is the most stupid:

Brady; out of ten seasons starting has played in half the superbowls.

- mvp twice and in the third win a receiver got it. someone threw those balls.

- 7 pro bowls and was hurt one season.

- post season record of 18-6

- 21 staright reg season wins (nfl record)

- 96.4 passer rating (4th all time best)

- one of two players ever to be mvp of league and super bowl more than once.

- nfl record td's- 50

- 31 straight home wins.

- 5 afc east titles (6 appearances) 5 superbowles.

So take your three fumbles, bull**** safety, welker drop, 12 men on field but when you did it 9 seconds went off clock (on purpose). gb, no both much better, thank god for hail mary's.

Sour grapes maybe but dont tell me the best (9-7) team won, but you won! and certainly please stop this brady vs. eli thing its just absolutely insane and not close.

Re: Brady Vs. Eli

[quote user="patsbowl"]Man, look we lost and I get it, the best team does not always win and to win these bowls takes some things to go your way. tuck rule, big kicks, missed field goals etc.. but it goes for both teams like I didnt think we were necessarily better then the ravens but won and thats what counts. so manningham makes the catch and welker drops it, its about making plays. however what is not getting enough airtime is the safety call that spotted you 9 points effectively. that was a crap call that in all my time watching football I have never seen. a ball thrown too far down the seam where a receiver ran wrong route. find me two examples of that call and I will shut up. in a superbowl no less. crap call that probably cost them the game. Now what is getting too much airtime and ridiculous is comparing these two franchises and their quarterbacks over the past decade. The qb's is the most stupid: Brady; out of ten seasons starting has played in half the superbowls. - mvp twice and in the third win a receiver got it. someone threw those balls. - 7 pro bowls and was hurt one season. - post season record of 18-6 - 21 staright reg season wins (nfl record) - 96.4 passer rating (4th all time best) - one of two players ever to be mvp of league and super bowl more than once. - nfl record td's- 50 - 31 straight home wins. - 5 afc east titles (6 appearances) 5 superbowles. So take your three fumbles, bull**** safety, welker drop, 12 men on field but when you did it 9 seconds went off clock (on purpose). gb, no both much better, thank god for hail mary's. Sour grapes maybe but dont tell me the best (9-7) team won, but you won! and certainly please stop this brady vs. eli thing its just absolutely insane and not close.[/quote]

haha - you know this doesn't make you feel any better... as hard as you're trying.

this might help

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/livenow?id=8533250

"...gently down the loser stream!!"

--80--

Brady is a sure first ballot hall of famer.

Eli still has work to put in, but not much more.

And here is something that you can't deny.

Eli owns your team....

Giants fan since the early 80s

Bench Player

I can think of one example of the intentional grounding call this season. Believe it or not, it was called on Eli at one point. A receiver ran the wrong route and Eli was flagged for it.

Statistics are great, but they do not want championships.

Brady 0 SB wins since Spygate.

Veteran

Ahhh, this may be hard for you to comprehend, BUT, Brady was under pressure and threw it to a location where no reciver was anywhere close while he was in the pocket, THAT IS INTENTIONAL GROUNDING.... THE RECIVERS ROUT HAS ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING TO DO WITH INTENTIONAL GROUNDING.... NONE, The closest player to the pass was 20 yards away and was a GIANT... Keep making your excuses, Does it make you feel better? How about this... the 4 teams the giants had to beat to make it to the superbowl had a combined SEVEN losses. You never beat a team over 500 until you beat the ravens. You beat DEVER in your first playoff game, that might as well have been another bye. you played the weakest scheduale in football, if you played the Giants scheduale, you think your 13-3? Please...

I love how you post Stats to help make you feel better, QB's are About winning, and head to head Eli OWNS Brady, END OF STORY

Veteran

OH and do you want to talk about LUCK? How about a kicker shanking a 30 yard field goal to beat you? Huh, how about that,.... Now go cry in your CHOWDA...

[quote user="patsbowl"]Man, look we lost and I get it, the best team does not always win and to win these bowls takes some things to go your way. tuck rule, big kicks, missed field goals etc.. but it goes for both teams like I didnt think we were necessarily better then the ravens but won and thats what counts. so manningham makes the catch and welker drops it, its about making plays. however what is not getting enough airtime is the safety call that spotted you 9 points effectively. that was a crap call that in all my time watching football I have never seen. a ball thrown too far down the seam where a receiver ran wrong route. find me two examples of that call and I will shut up. in a superbowl no less. crap call that probably cost them the game. Now what is getting too much airtime and ridiculous is comparing these two franchises and their quarterbacks over the past decade. The qb's is the most stupid: Brady; out of ten seasons starting has played in half the superbowls. - mvp twice and in the third win a receiver got it. someone threw those balls. - 7 pro bowls and was hurt one season. - post season record of 18-6 - 21 staright reg season wins (nfl record) - 96.4 passer rating (4th all time best) - one of two players ever to be mvp of league and super bowl more than once. - nfl record td's- 50 - 31 straight home wins. - 5 afc east titles (6 appearances) 5 superbowles. So take your three fumbles, bull**** safety, welker drop, 12 men on field but when you did it 9 seconds went off clock (on purpose). gb, no both much better, thank god for hail mary's. Sour grapes maybe but dont tell me the best (9-7) team won, but you won! and certainly please stop this brady vs. eli thing its just absolutely insane and not close.[/quote]

The better team did win. The better team (IMO) did not win in '07, but the Giants did play the better game that day. This time? Yes, the better team did win. This team went through a boat load of injuries during the year. The reason why they got hot was because they got healthy. They never should have been 9 - 7 to begin with. And you're being reduced to sour grapes, just like the Ravens were against you. This year, we had the better D (who were injured all year), the better running game (at the end of the year), and the better overall O (we could stretch the field and you couldn't). I don't know anything about your Special Teams, but the Giants' weren't any slouches either.

When healthy this year (which they were at the end of the year), the Giants were simply the most balanced team in the NFL -- bar none and hands down. And not just balanced like the Falcons, but superior in important facets like getting to the QB, their passing attack, and their own ELIte QB. If I'm wrong, then please name the team(s) that we more balanced than the Giants. IF you are just going off of the regular season stats, then you're mistaken and wrong. The Giants D did not get healthy until the very end of the season and it showed.

I greatly respect NE and Brady (I'm not a hater of them at all) and Brady is one of the best of all time. But it is fair to compare the two (along with Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers) because Eli hasn't just won 2 SBs, but has put up incredible #'s in the process; i.e. 4 road and 2 neutral site victories in both playoff runs; a total of 2 interceptions in both playoff runs; beating other top QBs like Brady (twice), Rodgers, Favre, Romo (who was very good in '07), Ryan (who is good, though overrated). None of this has "luck" written all over it.

I'm not the type of fan who feels the need to diminish another teams players and accomplishments to make ours look better. Brady IS a great QB, but so is Eli, so you can keep Brady and we'll keep Eli. AllGiant fans (for the most part) are saying is that, yes, Eli belongs in the samediscussion as Brady, Peyton, Brees, and Rodgers.

Who is actually the best? Honestly, I couldn't care. I just wouldn't want anyoneother than Eli as QB of the Giants.

Veteran

Looking over your list of "stats" BTW, most are bs team accomplishments that are for the media to talk about, and AFC east titles? You are gonig to hang your hat on that one? until the Jets made it somewhat competative three years ago, it was the most pathetic divisionin the sport outside of the NFC west

THIS TOPIC IS NOW ABOUT THE SUPERBOWL PARADE.

Is anyone watching it? its amazing. the fans are so excited im going to enjoy this all day!! =)
    Don't take it personal, we're just debating.

~Big Mike~