+ Reply to Thread

Super After 07' if Plax doesn't shoot himself...

After Eli's 1st Super Bowl we were primed to win it back to back. Easier said than done I know, however when Plax shot himself we never recovered from that in the that season and the next...If that numbnut doesn't shjoot himself...we would've had a run for the ages....maybe talking dynasty...any thought?

Re: Super After 07' if Plax doesn't shoot himself...

I don't know. They may have won in 2008, but then again, if Burress is with the team in 2009, I don't think they're drafting Hakeem Nicks. In any case, I think that feeling of invincibility that the team lost when Burress shot himself has been restored. As long as the team's core is in tact, I think they'll be contending for another four to five years. Jerry Reese just has to keep doing what he's been doing.

[quote user="CactusJack"]I don't know. They may have won in 2008, but then again, if Burress is with the team in 2009, I don't think they're drafting Hakeem Nicks. In any case, I think that feeling of invincibility that the team lost when Burress shot himself has been restored. As long as the team's core is in tact, I think they'll be contending for another four to five years. Jerry Reese just has to keep doing what he's been doing.
    [/quote]

Doing what he's doing is right...The guy is really making his mark.

Possible, but I don't think so. People forget how thin and worn down the D-line was by the end of that year (Strahan had retired and Osi missed the entire year with an injury). I LOVED that 2008 team and it was a missed opportunity, but everything worked out in the end.