+ Reply to Thread
    Starter

Being prepared vs being lucky.

From RF's news for today.

Only the quick thinking and high motor of Henry Hynoski (+2.4) and Chris Snee (+0.8) prevented the Giants from giving the ball away on what would otherwise have been potentially back breaking turnovers, particularly Snee’s recovery which almost certainly saved the game for the Giants early in the fourth quarter. A further touchdown and a nine point lead for the Patriots at that stage might have proved insurmountable.

This is a direct result of be prepared. All offensive personnel are taught to catch up to the teammate with the ball. After your block & the ball carrier is past you, you then "chase" the ball carrier in case there is a fumble. They helped their team by putting themselves in postition to recover the ball. Some hustle more than others, but this is always expected from the offensive line.

High praise for these two Giants. Very good game from both of them. I'm sure their teammates are very proud of them.

Re: Being prepared vs being lucky.

[quote user="KATKAVAGE75"]

Only the quick thinking and high motor of Henry Hynoski (+2.4) and Chris Snee (+0.8) prevented the Giants from giving the ball away on what would otherwise have been potentially back breaking turnovers, particularly Snee’s recovery which almost certainly saved the game for the Giants early in the fourth quarter. A further touchdown and a nine point lead for the Patriots at that stage might have proved insurmountable.

This is a direct result of be prepared. All offensive personnel are taught to catch up to the teammate with the ball. After your block & the ball carrier is past you, you then "chase" the ball carrier in case there is a fumble. They helped their team by putting themselves in postition to recover the ball. Some hustle more than others, but this is always expected from the offensive line.

High praise for these two Giants. Very good game from both of them. I'm sure their teammates are very proud of them.

[/quote]

i was so frustrated by all the luck comments, i'm not anymore.

I just keep saying, absolutely, the plays to beat us were on the field. a safety, dropped passes, bad throws, the INT, the 12 men on the field negating a fumble.

We made all our plays. Our WRs caught the balls, we batted down passes, we pinned them deep, we didn't turn it over.

They didn't make their plays, and we did.

that's what better teams do. that's why we're the better team.

Re: Being prepared vs being lucky.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"][quote user="KATKAVAGE75"]

[/quote]

i was so frustrated by all the luck comments, i'm not anymore.

I just keep saying, absolutely, the plays to beat us were on the field. a safety, dropped passes, bad throws, the INT, the 12 men on the field negating a fumble.

We made all our plays. Our WRs caught the balls, we batted down passes, we pinned them deep, we didn't turn it over.

They didn't make their plays, and we did.

that's what better teams do. that's why we're the better team.

[/quote]

Ditto the frustration about the luck comments so I put it in my sig to remind myself. Thanks Katkavage for those details. Really makes sense now why they have been doing a good job of recovering.