+ Reply to Thread

Uh, one win against a overrated Cowboys team and we are in 1st place.

Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.

Re: Uh, one win against a overrated Cowboys team and we are in 1st place.

[quote user="jaygoon"]Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.[/quote]

I agree they all SHOULD be winnable.

But given that, in the same season we beat the Pats and we played the Pack toe-to-toe until the last 58 seconds we also played horribly against the Saints and lost "winnable" games to Seattle and the Eagles, surely you can understand the concerns most Giants fans have right now, can't you?

I mean, I'm one of the most relentless glass-is-half-full Giants fans on this board, and even I have some nagging doubts.

We just don't know know right now which Giants team will show up this Sunday.

And by the way, winning this Sunday's game vs the Cowboys will not, by itself, put us in 1st place. Even though we'd be tied with their record, we will still have a worse Conference record than them, and we have a loss vs the Redskins while they have 2 wins against them.

We need to win both Cowboys games plus the Redskins game. There's just no way around that.

[quote user="jaygoon"]Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.[/quote]

come on dude....

so was the Hawks and Philthy games. The Giants have to play a very good game with minimal mistakes to come away with a win. Do actually think the Cowturds cant beat the Giants with a good effort??

Giants need win 4 of 4 to get their asses ready for the playoffs...

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="jaygoon"]Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.[/quote]

I agree they all SHOULD be winnable.

But given that, in the same season we beat the Pats and we played the Pack toe-to-toe until the last 58 seconds we also played horribly against the Saints and lost "winnable" games to Seattle and the Eagles, surely you can understand the concerns
    most Giants fans have right now, can't you?

I mean, I'm one of the most relentless glass-is-half-full Giants fans on this board, and even I have some nagging doubts.

We just don't know know right now which Giants team will show
    up this Sunday.

And by the way, winning this Sunday's game vs the Cowboys will not, by itself, put us in 1st place. Even though we'd be tied with
    their record, we will still have a worse Conference record than them, and we have a loss vs the Redskins while they have 2 wins against them.

We need to win both Cowboys games plus the Redskins game. There's just no way around that.[/quote]

I think they also have wins over SF and Seahawks. We lost both of those games. For common opponents, and beat cards and they didn't. And they do have a better conference record. However I don't think any of that matters!!!
    If we beat them we both have same 7-6 record, but we would win the first tiebreaker which is head to head. Which is why if we beat the skins and jets and they lose to the eagles, the last game of the season won't matter. At least that's what guys are saying in other threads. I guess it would come down to something to do with them losin twice to eagles. Not sure why, cause we would of split with skins and they have two wins over em
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    Even though 2013 was a losing season, we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Denver, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, New England
    4-New York Giants!!!!!

Let's make it 5 in 2014 !!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Come on. I'm hoping just like anyone but to act like this is an easy task is down right ignorant. I mean do you honestly think the Cowboys are going to say "Nah, we don't really want to go to the playoffs this year, here....you go ahead Giants"?

They're going to play the hardest they've played all year to put their feet on our throats and send us packing. If you believe anything less, I'm speechless.

I never said it was an easy task, but the cowboys have 1 quality win this year and that was San Fran.

I initially started this post right after we lost to green bay and the boards were full of negativity.

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="jaygoon"]Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.[/quote] I agree they all SHOULD be winnable. But given that, in the same season we beat the Pats and we played the Pack toe-to-toe until the last 58 seconds we also played horribly against the Saints and lost "winnable" games to Seattle and the Eagles, surely you can understand the concerns most Giants fans have right now, can't you? I mean, I'm one of the most relentless glass-is-half-full Giants fans on this board, and even I have some nagging doubts. We just don't know know right now which Giants team will show up this Sunday. And by the way, winning this Sunday's game vs the Cowboys will not, by itself, put us in 1st place. Even though we'd be tied with their record, we will still have a worse Conference record than them, and we have a loss vs the Redskins while they have 2 wins against them. We need to win both Cowboys games plus the Redskins game. There's just no way around that.[/quote]

Actually, we would be in first place. The first tie breaker is heads up record...

Which makes the 2nd Dallas game equally important.

[quote user="Drez"]

[quote user="gmen46"][quote user="jaygoon"]Am I the only one who realizes this? The Cowboys are not the Saints or Packers. I'm sorry but these last 4 games are all winnable.[/quote] I agree they all SHOULD be winnable. But given that, in the same season we beat the Pats and we played the Pack toe-to-toe until the last 58 seconds we also played horribly against the Saints and lost "winnable" games to Seattle and the Eagles, surely you can understand the concerns most Giants fans have right now, can't you? I mean, I'm one of the most relentless glass-is-half-full Giants fans on this board, and even I have some nagging doubts. We just don't know know right now which Giants team will show up this Sunday. And by the way, winning this Sunday's game vs the Cowboys will not, by itself, put us in 1st place. Even though we'd be tied with their record, we will still have a worse Conference record than them, and we have a loss vs the Redskins while they have 2 wins against them. We need to win both Cowboys games plus the Redskins game. There's just no way around that.[/quote]

Actually, we would be in first place. The first tie breaker is heads up record...

Which makes the 2nd Dallas game equally important.

[/quote]
    Yea, that's what I said above

4-New York Giants!!!!!

[quote user="jaygoon"]I never said it was an easy task, but the cowboys have 1 quality win this year and that was San Fran.

I initially started this post right after we lost to green bay and the boards were full of negativity.[/quote]
    And that win was really early in the season maybe there 2nd or 3 rd game before the niners really got rolling

4-New York Giants!!!!!