+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How Stupid Do The Jets Look Over Weatherford.

Talk about monumental blunders letting him go. The Jets special teams coach must be sulking in the corner right now. Weatherford was a class act when asked about the Jets. Now he will be sporting a Superbowl ring and since the Jets and Giants share a stadium they are bound to see him wearing it.

Re: How Stupid Do The Jets Look Over Weatherford.

+1....he was a HUGE part of our success this season...definitely a keeper for a few years

Can you say Feagles 2.0?

I would say no more dumber than them letting a foul mouthed fat *** foot pervet have carte blanche when a microphone isin his face.

Generally classless = stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Redeyejedi

"It makes more sense to clean house completely then change the coach, have another bad year and fire the GM, then hire another GM who wants to hire his own coach"

I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

All-Pro

[quote user="NovaGGiants"]Can you say Feagles 2.0?[/quote]

Nah, Feagles is Feagles. Weatherford is Weatherford 1.0

What a hell of a Superbowl for him! And a very nice season.

Kicking ***!

And playing the drums in the parade, lol.

And they said on thier boards that he was unreliable in the playoffs, etc etc.

I find extremely humurous that both Weatherford and Woodhead had very nice postseasons while the Jets just watched.

Veteran

How Stupid Do The Jets Look

Fixed the title for you

Re: How Stupid Do The Jets Look

While I understand your point about Weatherford. In the Jets defense....their punter for this season had a really good year. I do not think Weatherford did any better or worse than Conley really. It was more a great pickup by us rather than a bad cut by the jets. Punters are very hard to compare to one another because it is hard to assess the gametime situation when they were punting. Like I said though...while it was a great pickup for the Giants it really wasnt a poor move for the Jets who got equal production out of Conley a first year punter who is likely to continue to improve.

[quote user="ELIteManning"]While I understand your point about Weatherford. In the Jets defense....their punter for this season had a really good year. I do not think Weatherford did any better or worse than Conley really. It was more a great pickup by us rather than a bad cut by the jets. Punters are very hard to compare to one another because it is hard to assess the gametime situation when they were punting. Like I said though...while it was a great pickup for the Giants it really wasnt a poor move for the Jets who got equal production out of Conley a first year punter who is likely to continue to improve.[/quote]

They look stupid because they kicked him in the butt on the way out the door; also did you see the Super Bowl? Weatherford was definitely a loos for the Jets AND a gain for the Giants.

[quote user="ELIteManning"]While I understand your point about Weatherford. In the Jets defense....their punter for this season had a really good year. I do not think Weatherford did any better or worse than Conley really. It was more a great pickup by us rather than a bad cut by the jets. Punters are very hard to compare to one another because it is hard to assess the gametime situation when they were punting. Like I said though...while it was a great pickup for the Giants it really wasnt a poor move for the Jets who got equal production out of Conley a first year punter who is likely to continue to improve.[/quote]

So it seems everyone is happy then. The one objection I had was Westy making public statements to the press about Weatherford. He's a coach and should know better, be an example to his players, yada yada, and yet Weatherford is criticized for a far less inflammatory rebuttal? That I just don't understand. Personnel issues should not be tried in the court of public opinion. Bad enough that players try to leverage this, but a coach- that's inappropriate. My 2cents.