+ Reply to Thread

Rank this Superbowl among the others

The Giants already have the top 2 spots with SBs 25 and 42. This one is probably ranked 4-6 maybe behind steelers/arizona, 49ers/cincy, rams/titans, and/or Patriots/Panthers. What others would you stick in there? Does your top 5-10 Superbowls of All Time change after this one?

Bench Player

Re: Rank this Superbowl among the others

For me the 2008(2007 season) game was the most exciting ever,followed very closely by 2012(2011season) and 1991(1990season).

There were other exciting Super bowls? I didn`t notice.

I did like that first one we got,too,but we blew Denver out in that one.

Among Giants Superbowls only, I'd go with (excitement rating in parenthesis):
    2007 (10)
    1990 (9.6)
    2011 (9.1)
    1986 (5)

Veteran

[quote user="miken609"]Among Giants Superbowls only, I'd go with (excitement rating in parenthesis):
    2007 (10)
    1990 (9.6)
    2011 (9.1)
    1986 (5)
    2000 (0.0)
    [/quote]

fixed

All-Pro

yeah that's tough ... SB 25 was unbelivable, so dramatic and such a contrast in styles

and naturally 42 was just the ultimate David vs. Goliath (altho in retrospect we now realize those teams were pretty equal) ... this should always be 1st

and man watching Simms just carve up the Broncs in SB 21 ... it was just so satisfying .. obviously it is great to have a dominating SB victory

this one was great and even though this was a total team effort ... it was a year in which Eli did carry us at times and a year in which even after all he had accomplished ... his abilities were still being snickered at ... so while i hate to diminish the efforts of Cruz and Nicks and Mario and Bradshaw and our great pass rushers and our secondary ... this really was the Eli Super Bowl ... no longer can anyone objectively or fairly question how great Eli is

they are all 10s to me, so let's do this

SB 42 - 10.99

SB 25 - 10.9

SB 21 - 10.8

SB 46 - 10.7

Bench Player

The only thing I'd say about SB21, even though it wasn't as exciting as the others, it has a special meaning for all of us who grew up watching the Giants in the 70s when they were consistently one of the worst teams in football. Watching the Gmen secure that first Lombardi trophy was like nothing else before or since. For me anyway....

[quote user="kodijake"]The only thing I'd say about SB21, even though it wasn't as exciting as the others, it has a special meaning for all of us who grew up watching the Giants in the 70s when they were consistently one of the worst teams in football.* Watching the Gmen secure that first Lombardi trophy was like nothing else before or since.* For me anyway....[/quote]

great point. Keep in mind that my rankings were based on pure excitement rating of the actual game though. The way an outside fan would see it, essentially.

1986 was unbelievabele because it was the first but for pure excitement it has to be SB42 after that the Wide Right win over the Bills. SB46 was not far behind.