+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Giants have to KNOW this game was HUGE character test..and they PASSED

To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJayyzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capitalize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,

Veteran

Re: Giants have to KNOW this game was HUGE character test..and they PASSED

[quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

2007 Flashback

[quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

You can look it at it that way. Or you can say they gave it their all and still came up short, at home, at home, against a team that was likely overlooking them as an automatic W on their schedule and say they just aren't that good and they will be hard pressed to win 4 straight and win the NFC East. I admire your optimism though.

[quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

You can look it at it that way. Or you can say they gave it their all and still came up short, at home, at home, against a team that was likely overlooking them as an automatic W on their schedule and say they just aren't that good and they will be hard pressed to win 4 straight and win the NFC East. I admire your optimism though.[/quote]

I think I'll stick with my view, because ..it falls in line with what I'm counting on the coaches will use to motivate these guys for the next 4 games...all of One by the way will be played at MetLife...GO Giants

Veteran

[quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

You can look it at it that way. Or you can say they gave it their all and still came up short, at home, at home, against a team that was likely overlooking them as an automatic W on their schedule and say they just aren't that good and they will be hard pressed to win 4 straight and win the NFC East. I admire your optimism though.[/quote]

As bad some of you want to believe that...no team looks at the Giants and says "hey that's an automatic win"

[quote user="Pakman"][quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

As bad some of you want to believe that...no team looks at the Giants and says "hey that's an automatic win"[/quote]

Well, in the sense that nobody officially does that in the NFL. But at this point, good teams can look at the Giants as a 'trap game'.

[quote user="Pakman"]As bad some of you want to believe that...no team looks at the Giants and says "hey that's an automatic win"[/quote]

Philly may
    8-Time NFL Champions - 1927 1934 1938 1956 1986 1990 2007 2011

"You win close games because you're prepared to do it. It doesn't just come down to luck." -- Bill Parcells

[quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Pakman"][quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

As bad some of you want to believe that...no team looks at the Giants and says "hey that's an automatic win"[/quote]

Well, in the sense that nobody officially does that in the NFL. But at this point, good teams can look at the Giants as a 'trap game'.[/quote]
    Again, to my point of this thread...It's how the GIANTS see themselves after playing tonight, NOT how teams are seeing them..The Giants play with this level of intesity against the remaining opponents, and I see them victoriuos.

[quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJayyzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capitalize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

Actually all of the Packer fans I know picked us to win....they could care less about going undefeated...they want another championship...which they most likely will get.

[quote user="Razur"][quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Pakman"][quote user="dave8274"][quote user="Razur"]To play 4 quarters, kept it close,and scared the beJauzus out of the Packers & their fans, let alone quiet the critics a little was NO small deal,,,They can beat Dallas, they can beat the Skins, and maybe even take the Jets,,,This game has got to be used by Coughlin as a rally point...He has to reach these guys with all that went well..on bot sides of the ball...we caught balls, we ran north & south well. we intercepted and sacked Rodgers...We kept it very close, UNCOMFORTABLY close for the Packers..If he Giants can capyilize on this performance today, they can take the NFC East,,,[/quote]

Well, in the sense that nobody officially does that in the NFL. But at this point, good teams can look at the Giants as a 'trap game'.[/quote]
    Again, to my point of this thread...It's how the GIANTS see themselves after playing tonight, NOT how teams are seeing them..The Giants play with this level of intesity against the remaining opponents, and I see them victoriuos.[/quote]

Maybe. If they go 4-0 I'll be a believer. Right now though, I would be shocked if they went 3-1,