+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many sacks will the D line put on Romo next Sunday Night?

They seemed at times today to look like the old Giants with the close encounters with Rogers. If they keep improving then I expect no less than 4 sacks on Rome next game.

Do I hear more than 4?

Re: How many sacks will the D line put on Romo next Sunday Night?

[quote user="jakegibbs"]They seemed at times today to look like the old Giants with the close encounters with Rogers. If they keep improving then I expect no less than 4 sacks on Rome next game.

Do I hear more than 4?[/quote]

3 sacks..and we get a pick off him and jpp will force a fumble off him

We have the manpower to sack him 7 times....unfortunately with all the 3 man rushes....I'm expecting 2 or 3, which is still pretty good...We gotta win this damn game big time!

If my stats are right, the Giants have actually sacked Romo only twice (combined total) in the past three times that Romo has started against New York. Of course, Boley took out Romo last year so he played only half a game, but even then that's still only an average of a sack per game or so.

That was a different offensive line for Dallas back then, though.

0 ... Cuz Stupid Perry Fewell will Rush only 3 & drop LBs!!

2 but there will be pressure all night long and he will take a bunch of hits

[quote user="jakegibbs"]They seemed at times today to look like the old Giants with the close encounters with Rogers. If they keep improving then I expect no less than 4 sacks on Rome next game.

Do I hear more than 4?[/quote]1 if they get lucky. 3 man rush is not going to get you anything.

The stat that matters more to me is the one that shows Giants are 5-1 vs Romo-led Cowboys since Jan 2008.

Aside from that, if they pressure Romo enough, contain him in the pocket and at least combine sacks, knock downs , and hits to 50% or more of his drop backs regardless # of sacks, we will win.

[quote user="gmen46"]The stat that matters more to me is the one that shows Giants are 5-1 vs Romo-led Cowboys since Jan 2008. [/quote]

It's actually 4-1, since Brad Johnson was the starting Dallas QB in 2008 at the Meadowlands when Romo was out with a hand injury. But, not much difference.

Romo is actually pretty elusive. I don't think the Giants will sack him a lot, maybe 1-2 times. I think he'll get hit a few times.