+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Super(Bowl)stitions...

So now that the game is over and the Giants got the Lombardi Trophy, I can ask what everyone did to indulge their personal superstitions during the playoff run.

Ever since Christmas Eve, I had the same pic on my Facebook profile of me in front of the 3 Lombardi's and 4 Halas' at MetLife Stadium. I wore the same outfit every week (SB XLII Champs T-shirt, white NYG turtleneck with Eli jersey over that). For the Super Bowl, it was obviously all the same, and my wife wore the same long-sleeve NFC Champions T-shirt she got me in 2008.

Oh, and now that the season's over, I can get my hair cut.

So, what did you guys do, wear, etc.?

Re: Super(Bowl)stitions...

bought my dad a nicks jersey dec 23rd. so we didnt lose after that. feel like i contributed to the great run. also got a haircut on dec 23rd, now can finally got one lol

Sat in the same spot on the couch, Dad sat in the same chair in the same spot. Had two candles lit every week (similar to the 07 run).

Read one story in the newpaper about a guy who put up his christmas tree with ornaments on it. The Giants beat the jets. Kept the tree up after christmas after all the needles had fallen off, the only two ornaments left on the now-bare tree were the two NYG ones.

Bench Player

I dyed my hair blond before the x mas eve game and look what happen.
    Not going to change my hair color ever again!

I can change out of my lucky underwear that I've been wearing since the Jets game 7 weeks ago.

Bench Player

I wouldn't allow my son in law to come over to watch the games at my place. Every game he had come over during the regular season they had lost. He was on the same page with me, he would apologize but said he was going to stay from coming. Of course I told him if he attempted to come I would lock the door and not allow to enter.

I stopped wearing my jersey and wore my sweatshirt for the jets game and wore the same jeans, sweatshirt and hat from the jets game through the superbowl. Was really hard not to put the jersey on for superbowl sunday but i had to do it.

I know its not good as buried knome but hey what is...lets be honest.

My brother wore a JPP jersey since the Jets game, I put a helmet above his TV during the Jets game... We watched all the games at his house and allowed 1 PATS to joint us the whole time!!!

Other than that nothing different...

I want to see Eli in a new system before I throw in the towel in him. (1-15-14)

*** OK I have seen it and I'm a bit worried *** (8-30-14)

***** I'm not as worried after all ***** (9-26-14)

Get well #80!

I wore my Brandon Jacobs jersey since the Jets win without washing it,wore the same Giants hat,would wear same pair of shorts,and also my Giants sneakers,always pregamed with Vodka drink in my big football cup,then switched to beer in my Giants koozie! Always had a picture of my son (who was 2 at the time) all dressed out in Giants gearfrom the 07 season!Now I have to wash Jersey as it smells of carne asada,cigars,sweat and many other unknown scents......

"KILL'EM ALL AND LET THE PARAMEDICS SORT'EM OUT!"

During the 3rd quarter of the Redskins game I took off my Tuck jersey in disgust and decided to wear different Giants gear for the rest of the season. On Christmas Eve I happened to be wearing a standard Giants t-shirt and Giants sweatpants...so that's exactly what I wore for the final 6 games.

The shirt has a lot of mileage on it, so I think I'll go back to the Tuck jersey to start off next year unless I get another jersey over the summer. Maybe a road jersey.