+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    All-Pro

Why does everyone feel the need to "protect" the Brady legacy?

I am puzzled by how many in the media are obsessing with the Brady legacy.

Brady is no longer the Mr. Perfect and it seems like some are having a hard time admitting that:

1) he was outplayed
    2) Has not had a great playoff year in over 8 years

He will go into the Hall but, their quest to name him "best ever" is annoying.

Re: Why does everyone feel the need to "protect" the Brady legacy?

Peytons hurt; Brees isnt in the SB this year.;Romo sux; and they cant fully get behind Eli yet cuz they spent the last 5-7 seasons bashing him.

As of now Brady is all they got.

BLOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="thomsoad"]Peytons hurt; Brees isnt in the SB this year.;Romo sux; and they cant fully get behind Eli yet cuz they spent the last 5-7 seasons bashing him. As of now Brady is all they got.[/quote]

basically.

this might be the year they could start talking about Brady's decline.

I still don't think it's really hurt in the grand scheme of things. He's going to be in the hall of fame, and he is going to go down in history as one of the greats. I know a lot of his fans are just pissed that they can't claim that he is better then Montana now.

Elway wasn't perfect either, but people still remember him as a great QB.

Eli and the G-Men just have his number. We had Montana's to, just ask Joe Cool when he had the hardest hit in his life.

[quote user="Bing Crosby"]I still don't think it's really hurt in the grand scheme of things. He's going to be in the hall of fame, and he is going to go down in history as one of the greats. I know a lot of his fans are just pissed that they can't claim that he is better then Montana now.

Elway wasn't perfect either, but people still remember him as a great QB.

Eli and the G-Men just have his number. We had Montana's to, just ask Joe Cool when he had the hardest hit in his life.
    [/quote]

I think that's precisely it. Its no longer " Montana or Brady?" Its "Is Brady even better than Elway?"

All-Pro

i thought Brady played pretty well, i know in the end he didn't do enough, but he set a Super Bowl record 16 in a row ... not too shabby and he was pressured on over 1/3 of his drop backs

[quote user="Markroman"]I am puzzled by how many in the media are obsessing with the Brady legacy.

Brady is no longer the Mr. Perfect and it seems like some are having a hard time admitting that:

1) he was outplayed
    2) Has not had a great playoff year in over 8 years

He will go into the Hall but, their quest to name him "best ever" is annoying.[/quote]

agreeed. Although getting to the super bowl 5 times is no joke. I feel like his legacy has fallen since 07 though and we are just starting to see it melt away. 08 he didn't play and then 09-10 he never won a playoff game. Then he gets all the way to the rematch with the giants and fails again (not to mention not the most spectacular postseason play if you avg the broncos and ravens). If he doesn't do well anymore, it will be a big testament to Brady's legacy. He has been a huge story for his whole career so people love him in the media. Just look at all these analysts who were like brady won 3 SBs and what not (last time was 05...that is alot of time). Now people in Boston are ripping him and getting pissed so he is starting to slip. I am just glad recognition is finally going Eli's way.

[quote user="CDN_G-FAN"]

[quote user="thomsoad"]Peytons hurt; Brees isnt in the SB this year.;Romo sux; and they cant fully get behind Eli yet cuz they spent the last 5-7 seasons bashing him. As of now Brady is all they got.[/quote]

basically.

this might be the year they could start talking about Brady's decline.

[/quote]

This ^

AND, if Gisele doesn't hold her tongue, Brady will need his own locker room next season.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

I thought Brady played very well on Sunday. No deep threat and his best weapon was playing on one leg.

He has nothing to hang his head about. Our team was just a little bit better than theirs.

It isn't about Brady vs. Eli. Its about the Pats vs. the Giants. And the Giants were better on Sunday.

I can't honestly say that Eli was better than Brady on Sunday.

"Phil Simms is the greatest QB in Giants history" ........Mahatma Gandhi

All-Pro

Here is the thing with BRady:

Unlike alot of QBs, his legacy was made very early in his career. Qbs generally built the resume as they go.

Steve Young was nothing until well into his prime. Elway was an "under acheiver" until he won 2 late Superbowls.

Brady has put up big regular season numbers but, has not been lights out in the playoffs for a long time.

When they were 16-0, he did not play well in the AFC championship game against the Chargers.

He did not play well against the Ravens this year in the AFC championship.

BRady off the field is not the most likeable guy around.

The media spent so long bashing Eli that it is hard to embrace him. Part of the reason is:

1) he does not ride motorcycles and break the law
    2) He does not impregnate one Supermodel and marry another at same time

Basically, he does not sell "tabloids"